_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Aftermarket seats for a Mitsubishi F-2B?
drizzt73
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 158 posts
AeroScale: 70 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 04:18 PM UTC
Hi all, I have just started a Hasegawa F-2B but the kit seats have zero detail. Can anyone confirm what aftermarket seats I canreplace them with?

Cheers

ViperEnforcer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 204 posts
AeroScale: 202 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 07:24 PM UTC
Check the Aires or Brassin F-16 ACES II seat. Make sure to get the ACES II with the fold down (stowed) ptiots. If not, they're not to hard to mod.

Mike V
drizzt73
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 08:24 PM UTC
thanks mate!

I was just looking at the Brassin seat 5 min ago and wondering if it was a match.

Cheers
drizzt73
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 08:33 PM UTC
Just had another look and do I need the F-16 Early or late ones (Brassin)

Cheers
ViperEnforcer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 204 posts
AeroScale: 202 posts
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2011 - 07:57 AM UTC
I just took a look at both Brassin F-16 seats. Eduard again gets the F-16 nomenclatures and proper seat description all wrong.

The only real difference between the Brassin early and late F-16 seats are the seat cushions; which BTW, in no way determines whether or not an ACES II seat is an early or late seat. Even the fold down/stowed pitots do not differentiate between early or late seat, as there's really no such thing in the ACES II world. Also note that the fold down pitots are a mod to the personnel chute pack in the headrest (which is removable with the seat in the ACFT), not the seat.

One major error I noted in the Eduard ACES II Seats in that the seat bottom leg extensions are too shallow or short. Not 100% sure if they neglected to extend the leg supports or deepen the D-Ring well/recess enough; though my suspicion is the later.

The Quickboost seat doesn’t have the fold down pitots either, though I’d rather go with QB as it has the “more practical” molded on seat harnesses, as opposed the “gimmicky” Eduard pre-painted PE harnesses, which are not even close to being the right color(s) nor look convincing. The Quickboost seat is also more accurate in shape, primarily based on the lower seat leg extensions are a lot more proportional than the Brassin ACES II.

drizzt73
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2011 - 11:14 AM UTC
Wow thanks mate!

WIll go with the quickboost then.

Cheers
 _GOTOTOP