_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Accurate Miniatures Yak-1b 1:48
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 624 posts
AeroScale: 609 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 04:50 AM UTC
Well, I kept myself busy for the weekend... not only I submitted my second review in Aeroscale (PWS-A), but I also managed to work on the Yak and the Heinkel. You will notice that I also managed to find nice blue background for my photos as well! Concerning the Yak, I am trying to gathering many of the pieces from previous sub-assemblies. This time I managed to fix the vertical stabilizer and the rudder. It wasn't easy at all, since everything is so tiny and delicate. I will connect the rudder and add remaining small pieces and get it ready for painting. It will be very demanding to paint everything properly, but I am really looking forward to the challenge. Mrs. Panda is satisfied as well, though it was very disappointing for her not to appear on the review images of PWS-A. I will have to negotiate that with editors, but for now only four photos of the empennage:

Thanks for watching!
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2011 - 03:18 AM UTC
Hi folks,

This is just to remind you that this project is still alive The photo shows the results from first coats of AKAN's faded Russian Steel Gray for interiors... I am very pleased with the result, and the color did bring up some of the details.

I will proceed with the upper fuselage, and fix some of the minor issues... I must rebuild the elevator, but it should'n be too much of a problem. Editing duties permitting, we will hopefully end with a nice feature article here (unless Rowan keeps me off the bench with further requests )
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2012 - 10:46 AM UTC
Hi,

...and the Yakzilla strikes again! After it was gathering dust somewhere on the shelf, I managed to get myself together and continue after several months brake. It is very hard to predict where this project is going to lead us, and I can only assure you that there is a plenty of work to be done. When you work on such a big project, you always find so many nooks and crannies that need further attention.

It may appear a bit rough in outline at the moment, but it will be gradually refined and reworked until completion. The geometry of the kit was seriously compromised; therefore, I had to rework the stabilizer and the entire engine bearer in the front, because the engine was visibly offset. It does look better now, but it is far from being perfect.

The major step forward was the attachment of the upper fuselage and marrying with the tubular framework. This operation would have been complicated even without the framework, because the original fit of the kits part is at least suspect in that area. Nevertheless, I didn't start this project to mock the original kit but to enjoy the build and improve some of my skills... and the enjoyment it is!

Thanks to everyone who missed the thread! I don't promise to be that regular, but check it out from time to time - you might be surprised with a sudden breakthrough

All the best,
Entoni
DougN1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 410 posts
AeroScale: 409 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 04:29 AM UTC
Good to see you back working on the Yak!

Doug
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 06:20 AM UTC
Doug,

Thanks for the words of support... There are too many miles ahead of us, though.

All the best,
Entoni
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 09:33 AM UTC
Hi Entoni

Ditto Doug's welcome back to the workbench! (I hope getting you onto the editing team isn't the only reason for the gap between your posts - although I do try to keep you busy! ) The detail you've piled into this kit is really inspiring.

I've got to ask, though, where's the panda creature in the latest photos? I hope he hasn't retired.

All the best

Rowan
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 10:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Entoni

Ditto Doug's welcome back to the workbench! (I hope getting you onto the editing team isn't the only reason for the gap between your posts - although I do try to keep you busy! ) The detail you've piled into this kit is really inspiring.

I've got to ask, though, where's the panda creature in the latest photos? I hope he hasn't retired.

All the best

Rowan

Thanks, Rowan! No, the editing is not what keeps me away from the workbench! The complexity of the project, along with some rotten lemons along the way, are the only reasons that kept me away.

The fella' Panda is the vacuum cleaner victim The sad news was announced in one of my previous posts for another build. However, I am sure she likes the fact that she's missed

All the best,
Entoni
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 07:42 PM UTC
Hi Entoni

Sucked up in the vacuum cleaner! What a shocking end for a poor innocent panda!

All the best

Rowan
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 07:51 AM UTC
Hi,

This build started way back in 2011. Many things happened since then, and I will spare you from lengthy introductions. I was giving up on this model several times, but it is one of those builds in which time was not invested sparingly; so, it has to be finished at some point. I also worked on my modelling philosophy, and it is my intention to finish all started builds before I delve into a new build.

I am posting some photos of the latest update - I added several bits and pieces, but I was reworking the whole geometry of the rear fuselage, because there were minor mistakes. It is still under construction, but it will gradually improve in finesse. This is the most complex build I ever intended, and it is still very demanding... and also fiddly to handle due to fragility of details.

All the best,
Entoni
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 09:21 AM UTC
Very nice Entoni!!!

personally I am not a big fan of such open models but yours shows a lot of skill and dedication. Well done!!

all the best

Steffen
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 02:36 AM UTC
Entoni, Back when you 1st started this epic detailing project, I was 100% committed to building WW11 USA armor on Armorama, hence, missed the start of your build. Since your last update, I've taken the time to read through, and study all your pictures in this thread.

You've certainly taken on a massive project, and as of your last update, have succeeded in raising the bar. Your level of detail and scratch building is amazing.

While I'm not a fan of cut outs, it works very well in this case with the wealth of detail you've added.

Looking forward to your continued progress, and next post.

Joel
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 06:04 AM UTC
Stefen and Joel,

Yes, I completely understand you. The cutouts aren't my favorite, too. They look oddly exaggerated and too complex... therefore it should be avoided. However, this is one of the challenging builds that simply lasts forever, and exist only to practice your skills. Originally I wanted to build a field maintenance diorama, and I already posted a photo in my thread. The one I am posting now actually sits atop of my workbench... and it is a rather busy scene. So, it is not only for showing-off I am pleased with the fact that you enjoy this build, and I hope to finish it by the end of this year (no campaigns on the way).

All the best,
Entoni
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 08:19 AM UTC
Entoni,
That scene really works to tie your build all together.
Joel
Zhaezzy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 14 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 01:50 AM UTC
Very inspirational. I look and know what i need to do to get to the next level. Can't wait to see the final build.
 _GOTOTOP