_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
Tamiya 1/100 Buccaneer review
Mechworker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
AeroScale: 115 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 12:04 PM UTC
If it’s one thing I like, it’s things that are in scale to my giant robots. At 1/144, there’s quite a selection, but since the whole 1/100 thing was really only done by Tamiya and Heller, there’s not a lot out there. That having been said, the Tamiya 1/100 kits are really nice, despite their age!

I dug around my stack for something different and came upon the Tamiya 1/100 Buccaneer. It’s a fairly simple looking kit, but since I’ve built a few of these, I’m pretty excited about how it should turn out. I also like that it has the South African markings for the S.50! Check out my out of box review at the link above for more.

Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 12:30 PM UTC
Hi Adam,

Would you be willing to submit that review on our submissions page? This would enable us to have the review indexed in our database and available to all our readers here on Aeroscale. Simply click the link above, click "/reviews" on the top of that page and follow the instructions
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 05:10 PM UTC
Hi Adam,

I second Jessie and ask that you review the Buccaneer here at Aeroscale.

If you like 1/100 Tamiya models then here's the first 11 Tamiyas of about 20 1/100 aircraft reviews.

Mechworker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
AeroScale: 115 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 01:38 PM UTC
Goodness me.

It seems this little guy has gotten me more attention than I thought it would!

I noticed in your 1/100 list you didn't mention the G-91 or IL-28. I have built the Beagle, and it was a nice kit too. I don't have any "out of box" shots for it, though. I also have the G-91 still unbuilt, not to mention the Mirage III and MiG-21.

As for 1/100 Aircraft, don't forget the Heller Vautour IIB (I think it is) and the Trident (I'm sure it's in 1/100, too), and I think there might be a couple more; maybe an Ouragon or Super Mystere or something. I have a built Vautour, and an unbuilt Trident. I think their Alize is also 1/100, no?

Man, when you think about it, there are a lot of these little guys running around!

I love the 1/100 Voodoo. I had no idea there was such a thing. I wish I had that one!
 _GOTOTOP