_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Feedback
Have a suggestion or topic about this site? Post it here.
What is the Follow Button for
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 01:57 AM UTC
I use and love the Subscribe option to stay current on all the threads that I'm interested in.

There are two other buttons that I've used, but don't see any differences from the before & after: The Follow & Like buttons. What are they for, and do they work?

Thanks,
Joel
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 04:18 AM UTC
Hi Joel

I must admit I don't know the answer - it all sounds like it's something to do with our FaceBook set-up, which I don't get involved with...

All the best

Rowan
Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 04:24 AM UTC
Rowan, I thought that might be it, since there was familiar red heart. While I do have a facebook page, I rarely go there, nor do I tweet anymore. Seems kind of point to follow and tweet a sports writer (an example: Sweeny Murti) when 1,000s of other do so, and tweet. You never get an answer. It's like you're a groupie.

As for the facebook page, it's a conglomeration of all the sites latest news. Nothing you can't get here in a much more organized manner.

Thanks
Joel
Mecenas
KitMaker: 1,596 posts
AeroScale: 1,275 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 04:45 AM UTC
This function is one of the features of "latest posts" forum preview. One of its filters allows to view just "followed" topics.
Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 05:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This function is one of the features of "latest posts" forum preview. One of its filters allows to view just "followed" topics.

Michal, thanks for the heads up. I just checked by clicking the latest posts button, then the favorites button on the 2nd line, and the few posts threads I've clicked the following shows up in a list below. Really a neat idea. But if you subscribed to those threads, you get a notification that a new post has been added. It does list the last added post, but you would have to remember if you read it or not. If your post is the last one, it shows up in red.

I'm going to use this function along with Subscribing, as it will afford me more then one way to follow the action here.
Thanks,
Joel
 _GOTOTOP