_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Outstanding Customer Service
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 01:44 AM UTC
About a month ago I ordered several AM parts and accessories for a planned upcoming build of the 1/48 scale Academy P-38J. Two of the items were QuickBoost's Resin replacement gun barrels, and Kitworld's War Bird decals with a NMF( I was surprised that there was just a few available sheets for P-38s) from Sprue Brothers.

As usual, my complete order was shipped within 24 hours and arrived right on time via the free tracking system. The small box was undamaged, and the parts were all protected in bubble wrap. Upon inspection I opened the zip loc plastic bag with the decal sheet, and it was damaged with a crease through part of it. I wasn't sure if the crease would be an issue, so I wanted to return it for exchange. The QuickBoost gun barrels were not the correct barrels for the "J", but they were the ones that I ordered, so I wanted to exchange them for the correct ones. The rest of the order was perfect.

I emailed Customer service at Sprue Brothers about both issues, and the following day received a email from "Barbara" that both items would be exchanged at no cost including free shipping. A Pre-paid return label was already on the way via USPS, and the new parts would be shipped separately, as the Quickboost gun barrels were out of stock, but a order was expected soon. I emailed back that was perfectly fine as I'm not planning on starting this build for several months at the earliest. The return label came a few days later, and I shipped the parts back in the same box. About 10 days had passed, and a smaller package arrived at my door, but too large for the post man to try and stuff it in my street mailbox as I always request for small orders, and SB always complies when necessary (a issue that always damages decals and PE sheets).

The very well packaged box contained a perfect decal sheet, and the correct Quickboost gun barrels. I was surprised that they got their re-supply so quickly from Quickboost.

I've been more then impressed with the outstanding service that I always receive from Sprue Brothers. They're my #1 go to online supplier. I only buy from other companies if they don't offer what I'm looking for,which isn't very often.

Joel
Scrodes
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 771 posts
AeroScale: 763 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 06:11 AM UTC
Par for the course with them. If they have something I want in stock, I'll choose them over a Canadian retailer nine out of ten times.
 _GOTOTOP