_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Santa has landed...
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 - 06:33 AM UTC
Greetings to all and hope you all have a great Christmas and Happy 2015!!

Santa has been..

It was too big too wrap..

Cheers to all!

Eat drink and be merry!

Warren
Bink123
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 414 posts
AeroScale: 364 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 - 06:37 AM UTC
Merry Christmas to you, and everyone on Aeroscale.

Happy New Year!
PrickleHead
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 338 posts
AeroScale: 190 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 - 08:18 AM UTC

Merry Christmas to all!
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,568 posts
AeroScale: 1,619 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 01:34 AM UTC
Wow! That Saturn V is going to be HUGE!

I had a couple of surprises.
First off my girlfriends brother and wife got me this

And after dropping hints most of the year to my partner that I wanted a Wingnut Wings kit, any kit, I was very excited as to what she would get me. The first present should have given me a hint as to what was coming next.

I dread to think how much it has cost but I'm really excited about it and I can tick something off my bucket list.
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 04:04 PM UTC
Why am I living in Turkey??!!!! Tigermoth flight!!!!!Yeah my girlfriend would love it! How is the Airfix kit by the way Stephen? I hope it is new tool...
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 05:04 AM UTC
Are there none flying in Turkey? Keep a look out you might one day get the chance. It's going to be a lot of fun!
And yes this is the new tool kit. I haven't made a start yet but it looks to be quite good and has nicely detailed cockpits unlike the older kit.
I can post some pics of the sprues if you want to have a look.
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2015 - 02:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Are there none flying in Turkey? Keep a look out you might one day get the chance. It's going to be a lot of fun!
And yes this is the new tool kit. I haven't made a start yet but it looks to be quite good and has nicely detailed cockpits unlike the older kit.

Naa, as far as I remember we never had Moths, Magisters only. I saw Cubs flying a few times, well once even hovering. I really would be rather happy to see a Tiger Moth or even a Kaydet flying.
If it won't be a big trouble it would be marvelous. I am searching for the kit but couldn't see any yet in Turkish Airfix suppliers.
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2015 - 04:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Naa, as far as I remember we never had Moths, Magisters only. I saw Cubs flying a few times, well once even hovering. I really would be rather happy to see a Tiger Moth or even a Kaydet flying.
If it won't be a big trouble it would be marvelous. I am searching for the kit but couldn't see any yet in Turkish Airfix suppliers.

Yhe Revell 1/32 example is not much more ...
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 01:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Not a problem. I'll get some pics shot tomorrow after work.
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2015 - 01:40 AM UTC
Yalym, haven't been able to get any decent pics. Not for lack of trying though. I think the lighting conditions were just bad for photo's tonight.
Anyway to I have found a link of a review of the civilian boxing. The plastic is the same in each boxing. Pity Airfix didn't just do the one boxing with both options.
http://www.hyperscale.com/2014/reviews/kits/airfixa01024reviewmd_1.htm

I'd agree 100% with this review. It's certainly the best of the new Airfix toolings that I have seen so far. Well worth getting then they finally appear on your shops shelves.
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 - 05:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'd agree 100% with this review. It's certainly the best of the new Airfix toolings that I have seen so far.

You haven't seen the Fw.190 A-8 or the Tempest I presume:} Thanks this was relly helpful and yes I think I am ordering one tomorrow from Jadar:}
Warren, sorry I couldn't understand what you mean by your message. Handicap of not being native speaker, sorry.
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 - 11:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Come to Canada, we have both

I think that Warren was saying that the Revell (Matchbox) 1/32 Tiger Moth doesn't cost very much more than the 1/72 Airfix one does, and it may be easier for you to find...
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 03:50 AM UTC
Hehehe thanks for the interpretation Jessie. I know one standing on a shelf in one of my favorite shops but I very much doubt it would cost anything near it. 32 one could be a nice 1930s-1950s hired guns diorama with a couple of figures though hmm... Naaa too big for me. I ordered one of the Airfix moths from Jadar yesterday. Let's see when will it arrive and furthermore when will I do it?
 _GOTOTOP