_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Info needed on Escadron Pembroke kit.
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,568 posts
AeroScale: 1,619 posts
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2015 - 09:08 PM UTC
Currently on the lookout for a 1/72 Hunting Pembroke and I've come across some kits in vac and resin bu I'd prefer plastic if possible. Only 2 came up in plastic, an expensive and hard to find Special Hobby and another by a company called Escadron. Anyone ever heard of them or seen this kit?
georg56
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 11:48 PM UTC
Hya i've got both, but put the escadron model up for sale its got aeroclub engine face an prop's has nice details but more can be done thou, moldings abit like early pegasus and Merlin models its on eBay which finish in less then 48hrs before ending.
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2015 - 02:26 AM UTC
Forget I'd posted this and meant to update it.
I eventually gave in and bought one from Kingkit and I was very surprised by it. Nice little kit.
Thanks for letting me know you've got one going but I'll leave it for someone else. Good luck with it.
georg56
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2015 - 05:21 PM UTC
No problem its a nice model too,there's a web site on the model being made aswell, i don't like buying from kingkit as he charges vat on top of the retail price, yet don't charge when selling via eBay! At the mo he's has a few pembrokes it seems!
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 02:28 AM UTC
Not the last time I bought from them, the advertised price was what I paid. The old web store used to have prices exc.vat but the new site has prices inc.vat. A lot of sites work that way. Hannants do and so did White Ensign Models.
They tend to sell stuff cheaper on ebay when they get too much stock of a particular kit or to shift stock that just sits on the shelves. Last thing a business needs is stock not selling and taking up room so best to sell it cheaper. I fond them to be one of the best dealers in vintage and second hand kits.
 _GOTOTOP