_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
FEATURE
EA-18G Growler
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2015 - 05:54 AM UTC
The EA-18 is a computer nerd's fighter aircraft. These days you can't have a battle if your computer isn't working, and this aircraft aims to help the bad guys' computers to have the worst day possible.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2015 - 03:18 AM UTC
Burt,
A truly outstanding build of a rather complex kit. Your decal application really looks quite good.

I, and a few other modelers I know have run into the same issue with the MM enamel Light and Dark Ghost Gray. In real life there is a difference between the FS colors. The one time I had that issue, I added a few drops of white to the light Ghost Gray. My brother used the Lifecolor paints instead.

One issue that I've never really come to terms with is the Gloss Red around all the gear doors on Naval aircraft. I've been using a Red Marker, but it's still not as crisp as yours. How did you mask them, or are you that steady to free hand it?

Joel
Burt_G
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 36 posts
AeroScale: 36 posts
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2015 - 06:44 AM UTC
Thanks for the nice compliment. I didn't mask the gear doors to paint the red around the doors. I have a couple of really fine paint brushes to do a job like this, and yes I have a pretty stand hand. Years of practice and many mistakes.
 _GOTOTOP