_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
[G] A-10 N/AW Thunderbolt II - Trumpeter 1:32
Gelerth
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wojewodztwo Mazowieckie, Poland
KitMaker: 169 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 - 07:20 PM UTC
After a lof of struggling with this model I finally was able to finish it.
Model as an early Trumpeter is not perfect, it has a lot of errors and a lot of work is needed to do it properly so I wouldn't recommend to beginners.
I add resin cockpit (in set was also a resin gun muzzle), Eduard exterior and armament sets, another metal gun muzzle for gun on a trailer and additional model of VW Beetle from Airfix (a terrible, terrible model). Trailer is a scratch build, a few details were added to resin engines frome the kit and to the gun (from kit) on a trailer - especially the ammo belt.
Model was painted in three tone grey camo called Flipper. i know it was not used on A-10N/AW (as it only existed in one prototype) but I liked it much more over a standard grey-green camo.
I only add a little of oil wash and weathering. No dust pigments were added as I wanted to keep it quite clean.
Just to mention as one of the inspiration was probably well known old photo of VW Bettle copared to GAU-8 gun.
Ohh, and one more thing - I've noticed than some masks were not removed from front windscreen.
Please watch and comment (and be gentle):

Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 01:12 AM UTC
Przemek,

I'm more then impressed with your build. As you said, the Trumpy kit has more errors and mistakes then one would think is possible in a production kit. But that never stopped Trumpeter before, and hasn't stopped them now. Many have started this kit, and most have failed. Just the fact that you finished it, is just an amazing feat of modeling. Not only that, but you've corrected, and or fixed all the major issues, as the finished model looks fantastic.

The paint scheme that you decided on really looks incrediable coupled with your restrained weathering. Really, it's most impressive. The fact that it doesn't exist on the prototype is of little concern to me. I'm sure that if the aircraft was purchased, that scheme or a similar one would have been used.

The Loads out, are so typical for a A-10. She's loaded for bear, and ready for a good fight.

The engine detailing is another nice extra treat for us viewers.

Joel
ivanhoe6
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
AeroScale: 81 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 04:42 AM UTC
Przemek, What a nice diorama ! The detail on your ThunderboltII/Warthog is outstanding ! As Joel put it, " Many have started this kit, and most have failed." You made this kit into a piece of art ! Glad you did the Flipper camo scheme. I did not know about that one. A very good idea placing the rusty VW next to the Gatling Gun for scale.
Thank you for sharing !
What is your next project ???
Gelerth
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 12:21 PM UTC
Thank you very much Joel and Ivanhoe.
Model is one of the worst I ever did but I love the plane and I always wanted to have it in my collection. Unfortunately Trumpy's one is the only one so choice was to build Trumpy's model or not to build. ;-)
Next was MiG-23MLD with quite unique camo. I will post pictures in next couple of days. And now I'm struggling with A-7D.
If you wish I can post some WorkInProgress photos here.
Armored76
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 1,615 posts
AeroScale: 51 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 12:42 PM UTC
Most impressive!!! Congrats on this one! I think most of us can appreciate the amount of work you put into this. Almost makes me give this a try but then again I remember what it would mean

I'm sure I'm not only talking for myself when I say that in-progress images of the A-7D would be great to see.

Also looking forward to the MIG images!

Again, great job on this one. The weathering and camo look and pair up perfectly!
Stef_6
_VISITCOMMUNITY
France
KitMaker: 53 posts
AeroScale: 28 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 02:17 PM UTC
Hello,

Excellent work onthe A-10, the painting get and weathering are spot on.
The bomb load is also very impressive, this mean business.

Best,

Stef ( #6 )
SpaceXhydro
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 418 posts
AeroScale: 114 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 11:49 PM UTC
This Thunderbolt is a Beast!
spaarndammer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,945 posts
AeroScale: 388 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 11:55 PM UTC
You treat us with some very nice models. This A-10 is again very nice. I like your choice of camoflage schemes and how you paint and weather them.

Do you have plans for some work in progress on future models Aeroscale, or do post this somewhere else?

Jelger
Gelerth
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 - 12:10 AM UTC
Again big thanks for all of the warm and kind comments.
Usually I build 1:32 plane and I post pictures on LargeScalePlanes forum, but I do not see a problem to post them on Aeroscale as well.
My work on A-7 slowed down as I lay my hands on M983 Patriot truck, but I'm trying to do some of both - plane and vehicle.
Thank you again.
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2016 - 12:55 PM UTC
A very nice model of one of my favorite planes.

As you alreay pointed out yourself, it would be better to remove the masks on the canopy

Besides that, wow, what a finish, just sufficient, nothing exagerated, this is very good!
Kilo_Uniform
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 280 posts
AeroScale: 141 posts
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2016 - 02:08 PM UTC
Hi Przemek

Excellent build of a favourite aircraft of mine. The Warthog is an impressive aircraft and I really like the choice of camouflage scheme and your restrained weathering.

A top notch model - congratulations!

Regards,
Kobus
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2016 - 02:49 PM UTC
Beautiful build! Looks really awesome and great camouflage.

Thanks for sharing.
WXerock
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2016 - 09:14 AM UTC
Przemek, like your recently finished Patriot, this is painted so well. I think your accentuated camouflage technique produces the best looking finishes I've seen. This and all of your builds are so inspirational. I do have one question, did you forget to remove the masking from the forward-most side windows in the windscreen? I can see some masking there and wondered if it is still supposed to be there. Again, fantastic work.

Regards from communist California,

Eric
WXerock
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 09:11 PM UTC
Przemek, I apologize for missing where you acknowledged that you missed some of the windscreen masks. I thought I had read everything. Again, this is a beautiful build.

Regards,

Eric
CoopsWA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Australia
KitMaker: 5 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 06:00 PM UTC
An awesome looking model..I still love that photo
Love the camo scheme you used.. such a mellow blend.
I know im late to the party... Im new... shhhh
 _GOTOTOP