_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
[G] MiG-23MLD Flogger-K - Trumpeter 1:32.
Gelerth
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wojewodztwo Mazowieckie, Poland
KitMaker: 169 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 05:05 PM UTC
Somehow I managed to get to the end of journey with quite good model ofTrumpeter's MiG-23.
I've add resin set from Aires (cockpit, exhaust, whell bays etc), air scoops from Quickboost, Pitot and statis dischargers from Master and questionable wheels from Armory. Also I did some wiring to the engine and to the landing gear.
Additionaly I used a countless number of magnets used as well on aircrafe frame and wings and on pylons/missiles/bombs etc.
Reason for this that model, camo scheme and base were inspired by a photo of a real monument with MiG bort 96. Usually such aricrafts do not have any armament so I've decided to do payload as a plug and play. In this way you can attach any kind of bomb or missile you want in variuos combination as I did almost 30 different weapons.
It was quite occupying task but effect if very interesting. Additionally the whole rear part of plane can be detached and set on the cart to show engine and it's mounting.
Finally the part of the base with monument can be removed showing another version of base with the imitation of asphalt airfield
How I did? You have to decide. It's a 27th model in my career but only 7th plane.
Please watch and comment:

Reference picture:
[/quote]
SaxonTheShiba
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 1,233 posts
AeroScale: 663 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 07:16 PM UTC
What a beautiful display! Your weathering and panel line work on the aircraft is really nicely done. Thanks for sharing----inspirational indeed!

Best wishes,

Ian
Armored76
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 1,615 posts
AeroScale: 51 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 07:29 PM UTC
I remember having seen this on another site a few weeks ago. I'm impressed with what you have done with this kit. First class execution!
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 09:50 PM UTC
Przemek,
Simply an outstanding build, coupled with a flawless presentation. It's really hard to imagine that you've reached this level on only your 7th aircraft build. I'm way past 7 years since I returned to modeling, and your painting and weathering is light years ahead of anything I can produce.

Your concept of changeable loads out, and its execution is perfect using magnets, as Tamiya did with some of their earlier 1/32 scale aircraft kits is a fantastic adaption of that technique. I just kept on looking at that series of pictures. And your display stand is not only unusual, but a replica of the real thing.

The splitting of the fuselage for engine display, as well as the engine and it's accompanying trolley, is really well done.

Joel
SpaceXhydro
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 418 posts
AeroScale: 114 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 11:42 PM UTC
Przemek, that Flogger looks absolutely stunning.
spaarndammer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,945 posts
AeroScale: 388 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 11:45 PM UTC
What an amazing model and presentation. While scrolling through the pictures, it got better and better.

Many thanks for sharing.

Jelger
Gelerth
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wojewodztwo Mazowieckie, Poland
KitMaker: 169 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 - 12:07 AM UTC
Thank you very much to all of you. I'm happy that you like my work, ideas and presentation.
Thank you again.
BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
AeroScale: 1,336 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 02:36 AM UTC
I can only repeat what the others said before. It is amazing what you've made out of this kit. Thanks for sharing this build with us.
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 10:02 PM UTC
Przemek,

Superb model in all respects! Outstanding vignette. I am amazed at your radome weathering. Total respect for how you made the model able to be configured with any weapons.
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2016 - 07:32 PM UTC
Fantastic build! Looks great and the range of ordnance is really interesting to see. It has an air show feeling to it when all the ordnance is laid out in front of the aircraft.

Thanks for sharing your excellent work!
 _GOTOTOP