_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Hasegawa 1/72 A6M3 Zero Model 32 "Hamp"
kamadoma
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Philippines
KitMaker: 48 posts
AeroScale: 35 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 09:03 PM UTC
I've actually posted this in the WWII discussion area, but apparently I'm supposed to post them here. Sorry for that.

Anyway, I'm happy to present my first ever completed military scale model, a Hasegawa 1/72 A6M3 Model 32 "Hamp." This one is based on a captured Zero with tail code Q-102 in Buna Airfield, Papua New Guinea which is quite a popular subject when it comes to the Hamp.

This came alongside a Model 22 as part of Hasegawa's 1/72 A6M3 Model 22/32 "Rabaul Combo" set.

Everything has been mostly airbrushed, and the smaller details were hand-painted. I used Mr. Surfacer 1200 for my primer and Tamiya acrylics for the colors. I did not bother doing a panel line wash since the lines seemed just subtle to me as is. And I didn't do any weathering as well, but I will sure do on my next build.

Really happy with how this turned out even though I can easily spot areas where I could have done better. These flaws would hopefully be improved in my next model. It's my first work so there is definitely a lot of room to improve on.

_GOTOTOP