_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
1/32 Nieuport 17
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,568 posts
AeroScale: 1,619 posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2016 - 12:53 AM UTC
Slow progress this weekend.
I finally finished up the internal wires and made up a seat cushion and head rest with Milliput. I didn't bother adding the wires in the nose, won't see much there once the magazine is in place and I didn't want to create more work than necessary. I'm going to finish up the throttle, fuel pulseometer and dials then I'm calling the interior done. So am I correct in saying I just need to add a Tachometer dial to the right side?
Next one I build, I'm definitely getting the Master Casters cockpit.
Familyman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 88 posts
AeroScale: 87 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 10:59 AM UTC
I put together the new Academy boxing of of this kit and a Roden 1/32 Nieuport 27 kit. The fuselage halves and the wings are from the Academy kit, just about everything else from the Roden box.

Mikko
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 01:24 AM UTC
Fantastic Mikko, thanks for sharing. Given me a clearer idea if what I need to do. The cockpit really is minimal!
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 03:02 AM UTC
Stephen, Mikko,
Mikko's kitbash Nieuport 17 is really great. Note that cross-bar that runs from side to side across the tubular steel cockpit frame-- that would be the seat support for the front of the seat. I've often thought this would be a very cramped and uncomfortable cockpit for the pilot, with that crossbar running under his thighs, and dangerous in rough landings-- it took real courage to fly these things-- I think that's one reason I build WWI aircraft, they are so primitive in creature comforts.
VR, Russ
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 02:52 AM UTC
Just realised that it has been a few weeks since my last update. Have to say I haven't done much. I'm afraid to say that she has sat neglected while I crack on with Airfix's Whitley bomber for the WW2 Twins campaign build.
As soon as that is wrapped up, the Nieuport will be back on the desk. I have also have 2 more WNW heading my way, so more incentive to finish this.
In the meantime I'm looking up good references for the rig.
 _GOTOTOP