_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
White Leader
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 04:19 AM UTC
Greetings all,
"Art is never finished, only abandoned. . ." Leonardo da Vinci

Remember this build from August 2008 in hypothetical markings?
White Fokker weekend kit #8482

". . .It all began in a small town of Zweibrüken in the Pfalz Rhineland area. Coming from a family that operated a small Gesthaus and restaurant called Weinerwald. Hunting in the nearby black forest or the local Phesanery was his favorite leisure time activity. Oblt. Stefan Löwenson rose from the ranks and served inseveral Front line units. It was on 13 Sept.1918 that he was again transferred but to 2 Armee headqurters for the Gruppen Fluzeug Command. Where he acquired a roving commission as field inpector of Jasta materials and operations in and around Metz. It is believed that in his authority that he appropriated one of two aircraft destined to be assigned to the JG.I commander. . ."

I had a go at refinishing this kit in slightly more realistic markings for the EOW diorama. Adding lozenge to the wings was an easy effort. removing the fuselage cross enough to let it show through and an over coat of white and giving it a more used look.

The upper surface Lozenge is Wing & Wires 5 colour and the lower is the old Eagle Strike 5 color.
russamotto
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
AeroScale: 375 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 06:56 PM UTC
It turned out beautifully.
 _GOTOTOP