_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Feedback
Have a suggestion or topic about this site? Post it here.
Dioramas
pnance26
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 766 posts
AeroScale: 103 posts
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2016 - 08:22 PM UTC
I am an alien from another forum (Armorama) and was wondering if you have a separate place here on Aeroscale for diorama work? I have an idea about one involving a particular incident in the Pacific Theater in WW2 and would like to see if it has been overdone or done already.

Thanks in advance!
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2016 - 09:15 PM UTC
Hai Patrick,

I am not aware of any special place for diorama's at aeroscale. In fact I am not aware of many diorama related activities here on Aeroscale.

It seems like diorama's are the specialty of AFV builders and plane modellers often keep a long distance from this.

It's a pity tough. I hope that, with your AFV experience, you can raise some interest in this discipline.

Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2016 - 10:01 PM UTC
We don't have a separate dioramas only forum. Any diorama build is welcome in the forum which best fits the subject. Lately our members haven't been doing dioramas, so perhaps your participation will unlock the creative juices and raise the interest level
pnance26
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 08:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hai Patrick,

I am not aware of any special place for diorama's at aeroscale. In fact I am not aware of many diorama related activities here on Aeroscale.

It seems like diorama's are the specialty of AFV builders and plane modellers often keep a long distance from this.

It's a pity tough. I hope that, with your AFV experience, you can raise some interest in this discipline.

It's kind of funny because I am not really an armor guy either... I bought a couple of tank kits just for fun and saw a story line with one of them that became a diorama involving water. Now I am thinking that water and a plane would be way cool as well.

I am actually a real heavy F-1 guy and then other race cars. Trying to branch out and do something that stretched my skill set.

Thanks for the input!
pnance26
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 08:35 PM UTC
I will let you guys know when this gets started. It really has gone beyond the "if" stage already... just need to get a couple of other projects done and one other dio completed. Like, I said, thanks for the input. You will see me again.
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 10:36 PM UTC
Patrick-- when I get around to it (doing lots of work around the house in prep for knee replacement surgery) I'll send some photos of A/C dios I've done for customers via email. Mostly airfield stuff-- but I think you may be considering some "water" in your dio-- right? If so, go to the Wingnut Wings website, look up the Hansa Brandenburg W-29 model and go to the customers models page-- the best water and aircraft dio I've ever seen is there. Can't remember who the modeler was but it's great.
VR Russ
rochaped
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 679 posts
AeroScale: 669 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 10:56 PM UTC
Dioramas are scarcely presented here. Do not remember any regarding the pacific theater with the exception of one using a Rufe moored in a tropical beach somewhere.
The last Diorama I could trace was presented by Doug some months ago:
https://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/forums/249223&ord=&page=2

Both Dio's are exceptional, no idea why people don't present (or build??) more aviation scenes. Shame...

Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 03:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Patrick-- when I get around to it (doing lots of work around the house in prep for knee replacement surgery) I'll send some photos of A/C dios I've done for customers via email. Mostly airfield stuff-- but I think you may be considering some "water" in your dio-- right? If so, go to the Wingnut Wings website, look up the Hansa Brandenburg W-29 model and go to the customers models page-- the best water and aircraft dio I've ever seen is there. Can't remember who the modeler was but it's great.
VR Russ

If you're allowed to share, I'm sure our readers would love to see them
JClapp
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,265 posts
AeroScale: 1,715 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 03:42 AM UTC
There was an effort to hold a diorama campaign here a few years back, with some rather nice efforts. A few got finished .
I have been building this layout for {sigh} five years now -

much more
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 10:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

VR Russ

If you're allowed to share, I'm sure our readers would love to see them

Jessie, I'd love to share, but I am a old curmudgeo Luddite, and have not figured out a simple way to post photos yet on Kitmaker. I wish there was an easy tutorial, but stuff like photobucket and the like is way beyond me. I can add you to the same email as Patrick if you want to PM me your address.
VR Russ
 _GOTOTOP