_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Ki-61-II Kai Hien 56. Sentai | RS Models
Kendzior
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Krakow, Poland
KitMaker: 96 posts
AeroScale: 91 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 07:46 PM UTC
Hi All,

This is a gallery of my recently finished Swallow #2.
The RS Models kit probably represents the production version of the Ki-61-II-Kai, armed with 2 x 12.7 mm (.50 in) machine guns in the wings and 2 x 20 mm cannon in the fuselage. In this version it returned to the wings of the Ki-61-I-Tei, fuselage was extended by 220 mm, vertical tail was enlarged, and it used Ha-140 engine, the equivalent of DB-605.
The machine, which my miniature is meant to represent, was deprived of machine guns in the wings, presumably in order to reduce weight and improve performance.

I am not very happy with the result, I made a lot of mistakes during the finishing stage, but the lessons have been learned. Hope you like it anyway.

Feel free to watch and comment.

Best regards
Hubert
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 07:57 PM UTC
Your Ki-61 turned out very well , super job on the weathering .

How is the fit of the kit ?

Terri
rdt1953
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,098 posts
AeroScale: 900 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 08:11 PM UTC
Hubert -

Thanks for sharing this . I am curious as to what you are unhappy with as it looks very nice to me .
I am also anxious to see more of your Ki 43 builds

Richard
Kendzior
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Krakow, Poland
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 08:39 PM UTC
Thanks, Richard and Terri - it is really far from perfect, but it was a beautiful plane, so the model just has got to look nice.

The fit was OK for a short run kit.

My Ki-43s stalled for a moment - just not enough time for hobby, especially airbrushing in the interior (I need at least 2-3 peaceful hours for each session, but it is hard to find even one), therefore I'm slowly progressing other projects, which do not require any airbrush work. Hope will be able to come back to this next week.

Best regards
Hubert

rdt1953
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,098 posts
AeroScale: 900 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 10:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks, Richard and Terri - it is really far from perfect, but it was a beautiful plane, so the model just has got to look nice.

The fit was OK for a short run kit.

My Ki-43s stalled for a moment - just not enough time for hobby, especially airbrushing in the interior (I need at least 2-3 peaceful hours for each session, but it is hard to find even one), therefore I'm slowly progressing other projects, which do not require any airbrush work. Hope will be able to come back to this next week.

Best regards
Hubert

Hubert - I think our governments should pay us to stay at home and build models -that way earning a living wouldn't interfere!
Keep up the beautiful work - Richard
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 12:44 AM UTC
Hubert,
Your Ki-61 looks like a well built model to me. The paint scheme and weathering really depicts a well worn Japanese Operational aircraft. Nicely done.

Joel
rochaped
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 679 posts
AeroScale: 669 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 01:55 AM UTC
Hubert I can't spot anything spelling mistake there
It's a fact that one can be his hardest judge, but quite frankly your Ki is a gem.

Congrats
Kendzior
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Krakow, Poland
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 12:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hubert - I think our governments should pay us to stay at home and build models -that way earning a living wouldn't interfere!
Keep up the beautiful work - Richard

Thanks, Richard, well said indeed. The question is if a regular professional work would be then an escape from everyday life

Thanks, Mates for all your nice comments, glad that you like it.

Best regards
Hubert
 _GOTOTOP