_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
40K ork bommer
pylwagl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 32 posts
AeroScale: 29 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2018 - 06:10 AM UTC
I needed a break from my Eduard F2B (Canvass Falcons IV, but now lined up for the next Hangar Queens campaign!) and started this. The GW kits are great - really straightforward and well designed to give a deal of flexibility around the central concept. They are great stressbusters (and all the bits are big enough for me to see them without a magnifier ).
So, got this - an Ork Bommer

Modded the kit tail gun position to look like a proper turret.

This meant the tail looked too narrow, so a bit of swapping around later...

I also thought the bommer needed big, flat wings, so ground down the fuselage stubs.

Quick progress, it'll soon be off to the paint shop!

Cheers
Stu

GlueFinger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 19 posts
AeroScale: 19 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 - 07:03 AM UTC
I hope that you have accurately determined the shape of the 'nuns hat' if it has one!

Looks great
pylwagl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 - 11:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I hope that you have accurately determined the shape of the 'nuns hat' if it has one!

Looks great

So, the Orks do indeed utilise a nun's hat, although theirs is mounted on the top rear of the fuselage instead of under the nose as on the P40. I think GW have captured the subtle shape of it beautifully, and I've drawn red and green lines all over it just because I can .

In other news, the big flat wings are installed and the beast has been dowsed in Tam surface primer.

I have time on my hands since I'm off work for now, so I amused myself by painting some of the bombs it will carry. Orks love bombs!

cheers
Stu

pylwagl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 - 11:41 PM UTC
I'd like to include this in the 'Sci-fi & alternative history' group build (assuming its eligible) but cant see how to get this topic there. If a mod is reading this, would you mind moving this thread over.
Many thanks
Stu
 _GOTOTOP