_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
What the heck! a triebflugel something or
knewton
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
AeroScale: 42 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 05:24 PM UTC
Other!
http://moxingfans.com/m/view.php?aid=5793 Hole spinning planes Batman! And in 1/35, too! Ok, this is one out of left field. Will I buy one... I was hoping for a Fa 223 myself.

A 1/35 Triebflügeljäger, who would have thought...
M4A1Sherman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
AeroScale: 254 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 10:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Other!
http://moxingfans.com/m/view.php?aid=5793 Hole spinning planes Batman! And in 1/35, too! Ok, this is one out of left field. Will I buy one... I was hoping for a Fa 223 myself.

A 1/35 Triebflügeljäger, who would have thought...

A 1/35 Triedbfluegeljaeger! (Sorry, no umlauts) "Left field" is RIGHT! (No pun intended) Completely unexpected, especially from MINIART! I could understand MINIART making this weird "What If" bird in 1/32, 1/48 or even 1/72, but 1/35? Perhaps to augment their 1/35 "Kolibri" kit..?

OK, I'll be the first to say it:

Where are the M3 Lees and Grants..?
165thspc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 9,465 posts
AeroScale: 375 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 01:22 AM UTC
Don't forget its' use in the Movie "Captain America' as at one point Red Skull gets away in one.

HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 02:24 AM UTC
The real questions are...

How is this related to Armor Modeling? Why is it posted here since it is an airplane?
165thspc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 9,465 posts
AeroScale: 375 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 02:27 AM UTC
I did notice this is the right church for this model but the wrong pew. Admin may want to change that.
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 02:30 AM UTC
Oooohhh 'keeee. Gotta admit, though I am not much of a "Luftwaffe '46" guy, I am interested in this. Especially if this is a harbinger of more 1/35 aviation subjects. That said, I am far more interested in common subjects like Messerschmitts, Stukas, Yaks, Spitfires, P-40/39/51. Even better would be "grasshoppers", observation planes.

Why? They would are subjects that can fit into a diorama with military vehicles. A North African scene with 8th Army rolling through a captured airfield; Normandy with a tactical fighter on its belly or being worked on as ground forces move by; Eastern Front aircraft in the midst of a ground fight.

1/32 is the aircraft modelers established scale but it is noticeably NOT 1/35 if you try to mix and match. So I would like some 1/35 wingy-thingies.
Frenchy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
AeroScale: 12 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 02:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

How is this related to Armor Modeling? Why is it posted here since it is an airplane?

+1

In addition it's only a paper aircraft that never got off the drawing board...As if paper panzer were not enough to deal with

H.P.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
AeroScale: 21 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 02:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Gino,
Should it go under General Aircraft, World War II or Rotary Wing?
/ Robin

Almost forgot: Should we start moving all of the 1/35 railroad stuff over to Railroad Modelling while we are at it?

ReluctantRenegade
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
AeroScale: 105 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 03:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I guess because 1/35 is considered to be an (almost exclusively) armor scale. I suspect that's the reason this chap found its way to the news section as well back then: https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/265928&ord=&page=1
Biggles2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
AeroScale: 121 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 03:11 AM UTC
When Bronco released their German assault glider, and British Horsa glider, and Piper Cub "Rosie the Rocketer" (all in 1/35) there were more "oooo's" than "boos". Nobody complained about mixing armor and wings in 1/35. Why now?? (Although, in truth, a Triebflugel has no connection with infantry, vehicles, or armor!)
I just wish that MiniArt (or anyone) would release a choice of suitable aircrew/mechs in 1/35 to complement the various aircraft.

M4A1Sherman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 03:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This Triebfluegel isn't related to Armor, BUT! There's always room for more 1/35 aircraft of any stripe for anyone who's interested in things that FLY- I happen to be one of them...

Matter of fact, I'm primarily an AIRCRAFT modeler, but heretofore my aircraft have always been in the 1/48 "persuasion". THIS may be the exception to the rule...
M4A1Sherman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 03:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Oooohhh 'keeee. Gotta admit, though I am not much of a "Luftwaffe '46" guy, I am interested in this. Especially if this is a harbinger of more 1/35 aviation subjects. That said, I am far more interested in common subjects like Messerschmitts, Stukas, Yaks, Spitfires, P-40/39/51. Even better would be "grasshoppers", observation planes.

Why? They would are subjects that can fit into a diorama with military vehicles. A North African scene with 8th Army rolling through a captured airfield; Normandy with a tactical fighter on its belly or being worked on as ground forces move by; Eastern Front aircraft in the midst of a ground fight.

1/32 is the aircraft modelers established scale but it is noticeably NOT 1/35 if you try to mix and match. So I would like some 1/35 wingy-thingies.

Let's ALL not forget that certain AIRCRAFT have been making hamburger out of Armor since the First World War...

Personally, I would LOVE to see a 1/35 P-47D or -M "loaded for bear" parked next to a DEMOLISHED Panther or Tiger, or for that matter, a 1/35 A-10A parked next to a completely DESTROYED Iraqi T-55 or T-69, just as a kind of "The Victor and the Vanquished" demonstration-thing... I was thinking of doing something similar in nature with HASEGAWA's 1/32 P-47D, opposite one of the aforementioned 1/35 "Axis" cats, but the disparity in scale puts me into a tizzy. A 1/48 "dio" with a KITTY HAWK USMC AH-1 "Zulu" and some ex-Soviet bloc machine might also do the trick. Or, better yet, a TAMIYA P-47D parked next to a 1/48 "Tri-color" cat...

Perhaps something like a 1/35 Vietnam-era USMC UH-34D would also be nice...
M4A1Sherman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 04:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I guess because 1/35 is considered to be an (almost exclusively) armor scale. I suspect that's the reason this chap found its way to the news section as well back then: https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/265928&ord=&page=1

Welll, there ARE the 1/35 ACADEMY and KITTY HAWK Helos to remember, and there are also around a dozen different 1/35 "civilian" vehicle kits which have been around for several years to consider, too...

But yes, this "Triebfluegel" IS a just a little bit "out of the norm", and there's nothing wrong with that...
JPTRR
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 05:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Almost forgot: Should we start moving all of the 1/35 railroad stuff over to Railroad Modelling while we are at it?

Certainly!
JPTRR
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 05:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

A legitimate question with legitimate replies. I personally hold to the idea that 1/35 has been the accepted "military scale" (for want of a better genre description) for armor, artillery, infantry - all things "army" - since Tamiya won the 1/32 vs 1/35 war back in the 1970s. 1/35 is uniquely ground-warfare "military" because there is no other use of it in modeling that I know of, with the exception of 1/35 helicopters. 1/32 is used for planes, trains, armoredmobiles, soldiers, agricultural models, automobiles (not sure if just slot cars but I recall some 1/32 automobile kits) and probably other subjects.

Sadly, even the extraordinary Wingnut Wings models are mis-scaled to 1/32. Think of all the new 1/35 WWI military kits coming out.

Waxing eloquent, if only 1/32 had won instead of 1/35? Or if model manufacturers moved then to further standardize 1/35 for aircraft, too? This is one reason that I love 1/48 and champion 1/48 military subjects - every subject is scaled to 1/48 to one degree or another. (Anyone want a Saturn V?.

So many aircraft to mix with military subjects today. And yet commonality of scale is but a tear drop in the ocean. Aircraft modelers will not give up 1/32 for LSP (Large Scale Planes) and military modelers will not give up 1/35. 1/32 aircraft modelers at least have some military figures and vehicles to choose from but 1/35 has nothing but some gliders, a "grasshopper," whirlybirds, a rare resin Bf 109, and now this niche' subject. At least the braille-scalers have a lot to choose from with 1/72.

Thus I favor 1/48 and 1/87.

I like the original question because I run into it at times with my 1/87 cross-over reviews. :-)
JPTRR
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 05:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Personally, I would LOVE to see a 1/35 P-47D or -M "loaded for bear" parked next to a DEMOLISHED Panther or Tiger... I was thinking of doing something similar in nature with HASEGAWA's 1/32 P-47D, opposite one of the aforementioned 1/35 "Axis" cats, but the disparity in scale puts me into a tizzy.

Hi Dennis,

No doubt you have considered a 1/32 Panzer IV? The 1/48 idea is good and yet how about a big diorama with 1/24? THAT would be impressive!

1/32 and 1/35, you could make it with a bit of forced perspective, the Teutonic Tiger further away from the intended point of viewing. A little Trompe-l'œil can go a long way.

But, hey, look! Tamiya has released a 1/32 Tiger I
panzerbob01
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 05:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Let's ALL not forget that certain AIRCRAFT have been making hamburger out of Armor since the First World War...

Personally, I would LOVE to see a 1/35 P-47D or -M "loaded for bear" parked next to a DEMOLISHED Panther or Tiger, or for that matter, a 1/35 A-10A parked next to a completely DESTROYED Iraqi T-55 or T-69, just as a kind of "The Victor and the Vanquished" demonstration-thing... I was thinking of doing something similar in nature with HASEGAWA's 1/32 P-47D, opposite one of the aforementioned 1/35 "Axis" cats, but the disparity in scale puts me into a tizzy. A 1/48 "dio" with a KITTY HAWK USMC AH-1 "Zulu" and some ex-Soviet bloc machine might also do the trick. Or, better yet, a TAMIYA P-47D parked next to a 1/48 "Tri-color" cat...

Perhaps something like a 1/35 Vietnam-era USMC UH-34D would also be nice...

I think a shot-up Douglas Skyraider bellied down in a rice paddy with an NVA ZSU-23-4 stopped by to admire their latest handiwork would be a winning dio!
M4A1Sherman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 07:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Personally, I would LOVE to see a 1/35 P-47D or -M "loaded for bear" parked next to a DEMOLISHED Panther or Tiger... I was thinking of doing something similar in nature with HASEGAWA's 1/32 P-47D, opposite one of the aforementioned 1/35 "Axis" cats, but the disparity in scale puts me into a tizzy.

Hi Dennis,

No doubt you have considered a 1/32 Panzer IV? The 1/48 idea is good and yet how about a big diorama with 1/24? THAT would be impressive!

1/32 and 1/35, you could make it with a bit of forced perspective, the Teutonic Tiger further away from the intended point of viewing. A little Trompe-l'œil can go a long way.

You know what...? I've considered doing that great big HORSE of a KINETIC(?) 1/24 P-47D and posing it with one of my 1/24 Franklin Mint or Danbury Mint Classic Cars... 1/24 HASEGAWA Jeep..?

Yes? No? Maybe..?
M4A1Sherman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 07:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi Dennis,

A 1/32 Tiger I Late... No doubt to use as a companion piece to that new 1/32 T-34..? No... No... I AM NOT going to get myself into yet another scale!!!
Invincible
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 148 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 07:55 AM UTC
I don't envy the poor soul who'd have had to bail out of this thing if it saw service
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 07:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I don't envy the poor soul who'd have had to bail out of this thing if it saw service

An unfortunate half inch or 20 mm in the wrong place causing the bearings for the "wingpeller" to seize up and the whole thing starts spinning .....
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 08:11 AM UTC
I can see the scene in the design office:

"We'll give it three wings, make 'em spin round the plane as it stands still, and put jets at the wingtips. What could possibly go wrong?"...

HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 09:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Gino,
Should it go under General Aircraft, World War II or Rotary Wing?
/ Robin

It doesn't matter to me which Aeroscale Forum it goes under, just not in Armor. The gliders and Cesna in 1/35 I understand since they supported ground troops and go well w/1/35 figures and vehicles in a dio. This thing I don't get, esp. since it was never produced/used in combat.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
AeroScale: 290 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 09:47 PM UTC
I cannot move forum posts to a different site, I can only move items from forum to forum on the same site.
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 10:59 PM UTC
Moved to this forum from Armour/AFV.
Have fun

/ Robin
 _GOTOTOP