_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
NMF Fingernail Polish?
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 05:18 PM UTC
Anyone ever hear of this?

Mirror Nail Polish
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 06:35 PM UTC
Car builders airbrush nail polish thinned with GP Lacquer Thinner to get all sorts of crazy colours. The high gloss on this one looks interesting for touching up chrome parts, not sure how it would go on a large surface area. Time to drag out a paint mule and experiment perhaps?

Cheers, D
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 - 01:04 AM UTC
I prefer to paint my nails with standard Alclad or Mr Hobby metallic finishes! Sorry, I couldn’t resist. Looks interesting though, and maybe worth a try, if it’s not too expensive. I do a bit of car modeling, and have used nail polishes thinned out with lacquer thinner, as mentioned above. My biggest complaints is there usually isn’t enough paint in a single nail polish container to finish a job. It’s also difficult to paint with, as it dries so quickly. And sometimes, if applied in thicker coats, will obscure fine detail. To try and find that “special” particular shade again may also be difficult, as these paints come and go as styles change. My wife’s nail salon owner gets a kick out of the fact I sometimes browse the OPI rack in his salon looking for different colors.
VR, Russ
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 - 03:18 AM UTC
The way they photoshopped out all the skin texture on the models' hands is positively creepy. It got so far into the uncanny valley that I had to stop looking at the pictures.
Which is a pity, because the colours look fun. I could definitely see myself wearing this stuff.
And using it on my models, too
 _GOTOTOP