_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Ancient Revell UH-1H Vietnam (1:72)
guni-kid
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 521 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 08:45 PM UTC
Hey there,

I just finished this ancient Revell kit I got as a present about 20 years ago and since I put in some extra work with the base and figures I thought I might also share it with the community. But lets face it: The kit is bad, having fit issues all over (just see the windows... awful!), detailling is *uuhhm* not the best (wow, how diplomatic of me ), parts quality is also low in vast areas (that's actually the reason why I didn't go for the gunship version as delivered in the box, the parts for the guns were just undefined chunks...)

Why putting in the extra work then? Well, I was surprisingly satisfied with my paintjob, so I thought "what the heck" and went for it... definitely NO award winner or even show stopper (again: definitely NOT), but a fun little project...

And an advise: let those old Revell kits go and don't take them, even though they're coming at a low price... they're just not good.

HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 - 08:06 AM UTC
Looks like it came out pretty nicely. Good job on it.
RussellE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 3,959 posts
AeroScale: 598 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 - 09:59 AM UTC
very nice
guni-kid
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 521 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2020 - 12:08 AM UTC
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your comments. Being mostly an "armor guy" I found this one in my stash while cleaning and sorting it and I was torn between just throwing it out (maybe giving it to my nephew as a starter kit for his own modelling career but he's maybe still a bit too young) or just slapping it together... The rest is well known history and now it populates another spot in my show case... maybe one day I'll replace it with a better version, who knows... (okay let's face it: stash is huge, building time is rare and options on the market are not really present at the moment... so maybe not )
 _GOTOTOP