_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Firefly Vc finaly done :)
ex-royal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,009 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2004 - 08:32 AM UTC
Hey Guy's,
Here is my completed Firefly Vc. Its the new DML kit with some Formations upgrades, Aber PE and RHPS tracks. Watch AFV modeler for a complete build article including the dio.
cheers,
Bryan

tazz
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2004 - 08:47 AM UTC
hi Bryan . i just want to say you did a great jon on the fire fly every thing about it is awsome.
the weathing and tracks look great.
keep up the nice work
DaveCox
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
AeroScale: 272 posts
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2004 - 01:32 PM UTC
I really like this one - (goes green with envy)
The paintwork, build standard, weathering all fit together so well........
PanzerKarl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
AeroScale: 35 posts
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2004 - 01:59 PM UTC
If my firefly comes out half as good ill be happy.did you use the kits indy tracks?.job well done
ex-royal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2004 - 10:02 PM UTC
thanks for the comments guys Its truly appreciated. Phantom its definately food for thought and thanks for the suggestions Tiger the Tracks are by RHPS and are T74 British Chevron. HTH
cheers,
Bryan
greatbrit
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,127 posts
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2004 - 10:10 PM UTC
that is one deeply impressive model,

the weathering, the figures, the stowage, it all just looks right. your skills at photography are also excellent, i suggest you take more pictures and submit it as an on display feature!

cheers

joe
ex-royal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 12:13 AM UTC
thanks for the very kind words Joe An article is on the way in a future issue of AFV Modeler. Not sure which issue just yet. Thanks again.
cheers,
Bryan
Part-timer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 361 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 02:15 AM UTC
How did you achieve the uniform and smooth level of dustiness? Everytime I dust up a model, it seems streaky or blotchy - not terrible, just not the smooth, consistent, and very scale-y effect you have.
ex-royal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 04:17 AM UTC
WIthout giving away too much from the article it's done with Tamiya buff and an airbrush. Just dilute it to 50/50. HTH
cheers,
Bryan
thebear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 01:56 AM UTC
Hey Bryan ....VERY Nice! I love your finish on this FF..The dust creaping up from the bottom looks very real...(I'd add a few rain streaks down the sides if it were mine but I ain't there yet) Your tracks and spare tracks are just the right colour ... Who's decals did you use? Does the Formations transmission cover fix the height problem of the top of the bogies and the drive sprocket? Your weld beads and the undercuts for the driver and co-driver bulges look awesome ..(Yes I thought of it too on mine) The only thing I can see that makes me scratch my head a bit(and I do mean just a tiny bit) is what I pointed out to you during the build ...That periscope in the co-drivers position...
I'd love to see some more shots from the sides and rear ...your kit is inspiring me to get cracking at mine very soon. Can't wait to see the whole dio ...
Excellent job Bryan.

Rick
ShermiesRule
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 02:05 AM UTC
The flaking rust looks especially good. Most people flake the paint
ex-royal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 02:30 AM UTC
Hey Rick,
Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. As I stated earlier I dont want to go into too much detail as this whole project will be in an upcoming issue of AFV modeler. But I will tell you the decals are my own
made in photoshop. Also the Formations final drive assembly im afraid does not fix the drive sprocket height problem and has to be fixed. I think this conversion is based on the Tamiya 3 piece FD assembly As for the co driver periscope, I love the attention that it brings I stand by my assertion though that I have seen open ones.
Alan thanks for the kind words as well. Cheers,
Bryan
thebear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 03:05 AM UTC
How did you fix the height problem ? did you move the bogies or the drive sprocket?...I don,t get AFV modeller around here ...Damn!

Rick
 _GOTOTOP