_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Roy Brown Camel
ThomasB
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 762 posts
AeroScale: 141 posts
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2004 - 10:30 PM UTC
I have bought Eduards Sopwith Camel F1 (profipack) and I have thought about making it as Roy Brown's aircraft (mostly because he is the only Camel pilot I know of...)

So, I wonder if there is some aftermarket sheet available with the markings that I'm looking for? And is the kit of the right version?

Thankful for enlightenment on the subject.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 05:06 PM UTC
Here's a bit of fun.
http://theaerodrome.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3545&highlight=Camel

The first Eduard Camel issue was the Roy Brown markings and is still available. These markings are better than most aftermarket decals. (Aeromaster had a 1/48 Camel sheet several years ago that had Brown's markings.) The only problem is that Eduard represents the Clerget rotary and for many RNAS units including Brown's Camel you need the Bentley.

For anyone interested in converting a Clerget to a Bentley here's one done in 1/28 scale. Click here. If it won't load click on the lower right word "impatient?"

To be puckered, or not to be puckered, that is the question:
Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous critique or to take arms against a sea of troubles. And by filling it in. To sand, to fill— No more; and by a fill to say we finished the build.

The heart-ache and the thousand natural Xacto cuts.That flesh is heir to; ’tis a consummation of AMS. Devoutly to be wish’d. To sand, to fill;

To fill, perchance to dream—ay, there’s the rub:
For in that sanding of dearth what dreams may come, When we have then shuffled off this mortal coil, it must give us pause—there’s the respect. That makes calamity of so long a build... that is azed o’er with the pale cast of the blade, and enterprises of great pitch and yaw with this regard their currents turn awry and lose the name of detailing.

_GOTOTOP