_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Vought Corsair 1D
lordQ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 530 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 01:23 AM UTC
These are some shots of my 3d build,the tamiya corsair 1 D

all comment welcome

cheerz Q!
stm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 98 posts
AeroScale: 96 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 08:28 AM UTC
The thing that sticks out the most for me is the extremely thick antenna wire. This would probably scale out to be 1" in diameter! Invisible thread (0.004") or fine wire ( I use old aquarium coil wire which is 0.002") is a much better choice. The other thing is your chipping is on the trailing edge of the blades, not the leading edge. The leading edge is going to take the beating, not the trailing edge. I am assuming this was a shipboard Corsair as well. This environment was not abrasive like island based Corsairs the chipping will be minimal to non existent. There appears to be some silvering around a few decals. It may be too late to try and poke some holes in the decals and flood it with setting solution but you might try handpainting some of the GSB around the areas, re-gloss coating and then re-dull coating/

Crackshot53
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 143 posts
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2005 - 02:19 PM UTC
In the last picture you can see that the paint to show the Cockpit frame is not straight. It might just be distorsion from the picture, though.

Roger

Phil73805
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 59 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 02:20 PM UTC
Hi there, beautiful looking aircraft you have there! I agree about the antenna wire but the thing that grabbed my attention was the paint chipping on the trailing edge of the prop. On my aircraft (a grumman cheetah 1:1 scale) paint chipping and wear build up on the leading edge of the prop. Just a thought.

Phil
 _GOTOTOP