_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
F/A 18 complete!
cap
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 53 posts
AeroScale: 20 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 11:49 PM UTC
I finally finished it! Several new things i tried were using twobobs decals and microsol, and also the technique where you put on the base coat, then a glosscoat, then the decals and wash, and finally a dullcoat. The wash didn't turn out as well as i hoped, but maybe i didn't put on a thick enough glosscoat. The gap around the canopy seen in the pics has since been filled. Any comments/criticisms are welcome as far as the pics allow. Hope you enjoy!
cap

Phil73805
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 59 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2005 - 12:20 AM UTC
Hi Andrew, looks great but the photos don't do it justice. I downloaded one of them and adjusted it. I think it is much clearer. What do you think? If you like what I've done PM your email address to me and I'll do the lot and send them to you.

USArmy2534
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
AeroScale: 246 posts
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2005 - 01:27 AM UTC
Very nice. The decals look great as does the basic loadout. Don't see too many models that aren't covered in ordnance. For future builds, you might want to tone down the non-skid walk areas by the cockpit. I know this is a decal, but more dull coat or a VERY fine coat or drybrush of the main color should do it.

I know its a C variant, but which kit/scale was it?

I hope to try one soon with Hasegawa's brand new F/A-18F that came out at Atlanta Nationals. I also just received info that TwoBobs is in the works on VFA-2 Bounty Hunters decals (with the red, white, blue stripes under the canopy) within the next 45 days!

Jeff
fbuis
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ain, France
KitMaker: 447 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2005 - 01:29 AM UTC
Although the photos are too dark (brownish), but very good built F/A Hornet, decal is excellent, I sometime use Two Bobs decal sets and Microsol decal solution and very happy with them. Many thanks to Phillip Sobel for photo color correcting.

cap
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 53 posts
AeroScale: 20 posts
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2005 - 02:06 AM UTC
Thanks fellas, especially to Phillip for fixing the pic

Jeff, this is the hasegawa 1/72
chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
AeroScale: 410 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2005 - 01:52 AM UTC
I've got an itching to start one now! Great job!

Who makes that kit, it looks nice!

~Chip
 _GOTOTOP