_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
tiger moth, nearly there!
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 06:43 AM UTC
heres a pic of my latest kit. built in the two wings and a prayer campaign its the airfix 1/72 tiger moth, and a kit i've been thinking of building for ages, ever since one waggled its wings to me then looped the loop, after i waved at it off the (flat) roof of a pub i was working on! the rigging is fine fishing line, the control horns are an after market set, the pitot tube is scratched from thin wire, and bottle foil. i took this pic in front of a white piece of paper to show off the rigging
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 08:02 AM UTC
Hi Phil!

Nice to see a Moth! I guess the rigging wasn't a "mince affaire"... but it looks good! Did you drill holes for doing it?

I suppose you will also do some weathering, or will the plane remain factory fresh?

I'll watch the next episode...

Jean-Luc
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2005 - 08:49 PM UTC
hello jean-luc! work has been a bit hectic these last few days, so ive only just got round to replying to this post. the rigging is drilled through the fusalage, but on the wings i only drilled in enough to set the line in. i use fishing line, and recently accidently found out that holding it over a light bulb will pull any slack taught ( i was trying to see if some rigging was slack, held it above a light on my desk, and was quit surprised to see all the slackness pull tight ) and a light bulb is a gentle heat so no incinerations! as for weathering i will do minimal (panel lines here and there)
 _GOTOTOP