JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 11:25 AM UTC
Finally, some time without people bothering me! The model is soon to be finished.

Praise, The windscreen is molded as a single piece of the canopy and the fuselage; eliminating the trouble of gaps between the clear part and the fuselage. The armored glass that fits inside the windscreen is easily mounted into the inside of the foreward part.

The landing gear are provided in both styrene and in white metal. Way to go, Trumpeter!

Some minor problems. Windscreen: This same piece's curvature has more arc than the fuselage contour, resulting in another step between parts.

The metal main landing gear struts have horrible seam lines (the dark line running down the strut. These have been filed down to as you see them. Maxitrone wrote to say his do not have this mold-step cast on them, but both his and mine have prominent ejector mark on the oleo. But these seem hidden by the oleo hinge). Also, the gear door mounting pin and tab molded onto the struts are too widely spaced to fit into the mounting slots of the gear doors. The plastic struts fit perfectly and have negligible seam lines. The oleo hinge (stabilizer strut, the V-shaped item?) is a two-piece set that snaps together, and onto the strut, holding without glue.

However, the gear are tricky to mount. Read about it: Trumpeter ME-262 Gear

Hmmmmm...maybe I should declare it finished and entitled "11 May, 1945"?

PRECEEDING POSTS:

Trumpeter ME-262 Decaled & Gear

Trumpeter ME-262 Painting

Trumpeter ME-262 Painting

Bad Fittings

Trumpy Me-262 Progress--Nose & Fit

Trumpeter Me-262 Progress

Trumpeter Me-262 Stalled

Trumpeter Me-262 Warped Wing

Trumpeter ME-262 Guns, Cockpit, Engines

Trumpeter ME-262 Gun bay

Trumpeter ME-262 with In-box Review