lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 11:31 PM UTC
Hi all.
A couple of pics of progress on my Academy 190 D
First is the cockpit tub.Taken a while back.This is the first time Ive used anything photoetch,indeed worked on a cockpit with any form of detail and it was certainly a challenge but a lot of fun.

Secondly and a lot further down the line,is a view of the underside.

Hopefully this will be finished sometime over the weekend.
I hope the pics come out as its the first time Ive tried to upload any from a sit other than the gallery.At the moment the pics are in my album on the Armorama msn group page.
Enough babble,,time to hit the "submit" button and see if Ive manage to post anything apart from a couple of red crosses
PolarBear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 820 posts
AeroScale: 629 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2006 - 12:05 AM UTC
Wow!!!

That's one humongeos Q-tip! :-)

Keep up the great work Nigel! Your progress is really showing.

Is that belly masked or decaled?

Cheers!
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2006 - 12:08 AM UTC
Hey Nigel
Picture #1 has already given me a headache just thinking about working with something that tiny. :-)
This is a 1/72 kit, right?
Interresting paint scheme. Did yo have to mask and paint the white lines seperatly or are they decals? In the picture you sent me via email, I didn't realize that the underside was red. Figured it was some sort of crazy shadow. That's going to be one sexy machine when your finished. Great job so far (even if it ain't British).

Hermon
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2006 - 12:15 AM UTC
Hi Nigel!

Seems there is a problem with the pictures! I don't see red crosses but lot of white lines over red... :-)

Nice "Papagei" you have here! I also would like to know if you used decals or masking for the underside? Hope to see more pictures soon!

Jean-Luc
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2006 - 12:19 AM UTC
Hi all.
Thanks for the comments.
Polar Bear,,yes it is a huge Q-tip,I am having a hard time finding somewhere to store them,but its worth it for cleaning out my pet elephants ears! :-)
Yes its 1/72,and yes,,I felt the pain,,,hahaha!
As for the red/white underside. This depicts a Dora from the little known Luftwaffe display team. Die Loopendieloopers!
No,,er ok then,,,there is a story to the unusual underside which I shall explain when I post the finished pics. The stripes are decals,but I think if I do another one I will mask and spray them.
Next up is the matt varnish,and then finishing touches.After all the headaches with the cockpit detail Im going to display it with an open canopy to try and show as much of the inside as possible.
Nige
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 06:00 AM UTC
Hi Nigel:

Your Dora is looking great so far. I guess that underside paint job is a hard work. Good work in that little cockpit, I like the seat belts. What did you use for making them? Very nicely done.
How is the kit, does it has a gral. good fit ?
Keep on posting
 _GOTOTOP