Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Messerschmitt P1011
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 05:08 AM UTC
Here is my latest kit waste. Revell (Dragon mold) 1/72 P1011 Nacht Jager. I tried an experimental camo sheme. Used steel rod for anthennas but seems like I did them alittle short. Tell me what you think:

Cheers.
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 869 posts
AeroScale: 862 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 07:01 AM UTC
Geat job on that Messerschmitt!
That paint job looks very good on that a/c, thanks for posting.

Matrixone
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 11:41 AM UTC
Hi Yalım!

Great job you did! I can say that because I started the same kit for the modellers club I created in our school. I'm used to 1/48 scale and I can tell you making such a paintscheme on such a small model is a real "tour de force!"
The left/right inverted camo is a nice idea!

Jean-Luc
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 05:14 PM UTC
Thanks for the compliments guys. I am working on a series of Luft 46 nightfighters in 1/72 scale at the moment. I will post them as I finish them.
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 08:15 PM UTC
Hi Jollyroger.
Thats a very nice finished project youve got there and an unusual subject.
Very nice job on the camoscheme.
Radar ariels look fine to me but I dont know enough to be able to comment on weather the dimensions are correct or not.
Looking forward to seeing more of your Luft46
Nige
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 11:22 PM UTC
A good job on the Luft 46 plane. The camo is very effective, what airbrush did you use for that?
The antennas look fine to me but I'm the same as Nigel, i don't know enough to know for sure :-) .
Looking forward to seeing more of your Luft 46 planes.
Andy (++)
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 11:52 PM UTC
Nice job, I'm building a Ta 183 at the moment and I'm contemplating doing another as a night fighter
Have you seen Flitzer's Luft 46 profiles in Features?
Here's a link to part one Luft 46 fighters part 1 If you click on "All by this auther" you will get the rest, there are about 12, with more on the way, enjoy
Mal
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 05:15 AM UTC
Wow that is helpful, thanks for the link Mal. I have a Ta183 in 1/72 by PM(Turkish company) waiting to go out for the night's ride too. Against AMTech's 1/48 experiment I am planing to build it with an FuG 220 ezternal anthenna radar and single seater. And my P1111 in 1/72 also from PM had it's FuG 220 variant antennas (fully scratch-built) already and waiting for camo. I hope it will see service around weekend.

Andy. I use an Aztek Profecional (can't remember the numeric code, it is not written on the box) and I am extremely happy with it although I tried Badgers:] I am really sattisfied due to its wide range of trigger sensitivity which is not pretty good (enough for me at least) in Paasche or Badger. See you soon guys...Be well....
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 743 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 10:50 PM UTC
Hi Yalym
great to see a Luft 46 subject and one done so well.

Great idea as Jean Luc said about the reversed camo....I may steal the idea if I may for my profiles.

Looking forward to your other L46 subjects too.

Cheers and thanks for posting
Peter
:-)
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 04:53 AM UTC
Help yourself Peter. I have a few more ideas on camos. If I menage to finish them as they supposed to be then they may be pretty intresting.:}
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 02:48 PM UTC
Hi Yalım,
I would never have even considered a Luft 46 project until Peter (Flitzer) came along and now I'm planning a nightfighter version of a Ta 183, what's that all about
Anyway my idea for the night fighter is to have a radar dish, in a dome (nicked off a Corsair), fitted in the apex of the tail plane. I figure that at this stage the Germans may have been using dishes insted of antenna. I'll be adding extra underwing cannon and drop tanks and I'm contemplating adding a radar operator position
I must be on drugs
Mal
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 11:28 PM UTC
Thanks Yalım

I've started one already and it looks promising.
I think the reverse camo idea would work equally well with a splinter or wave scheme too.

Thanks again.

Oh and Martin...the drug is Luft 46
it gets the imagination going :-)

Cheers
Peter
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2006 - 05:18 PM UTC
Mal, they were alredy using FuG 240 Berlin radar with a dish instead of anthennas under a covered radom in some planes at the end of the war. Did you check out AMTech's Nacht Jager Hückebein ? Has a similar idea. What brand and scale is your Ta 183 if it is not too personal? :-) I am trying to make NJ Horten 229 V7 with FuG240 (which is also PM and built up with that radar but I didn't find it convinceing enough so I did some manupilation on it). I hope to finish it and put it around here somewhere some time but I am too lazy:} I decided to paint reverse pattern on it too (tat is if I ever menage to finish it of course).
Peter, I guess Splinter will be intresting too. I look forward to see how it ends up. Cheers guys, be well ....
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2006 - 07:27 PM UTC
No, I hadn't seen the Nacht Jager Hückebein, interesting but I like my idea more. It would be difficult to guide those missiles at night, so I'm sticking with heavey cannon
Mal
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2006 - 08:21 PM UTC
Hi again...

I've done three reverse wing camo profiles for the upcoming Chapter 12 for the Luft 46 Colour series.

I have done 1 using splotches as Yaly´m's P1101 here, 1 with splinter and 1 with the wave pattern.

The splinter looks fine but the splotches and the wave look the best. Any way hopefully you'll be able to judge for yourselves soon. Hope to have the chapter finished sometime next month.

Cheers
Peter
 _GOTOTOP