Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Revell 1/48 Hs 123
Biggles2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
AeroScale: 121 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 06:30 AM UTC
I don't usually do aircraft, but I lked the looks of this biplane and it appeared to be a recent release by Revell. Big Disappointment! After some search on the web it appears to be a re-release from Italeri, which was a re-release from Esci. I believe the exact same kit is also released by Tamiya/Italeri at twice the Revell price - add rip-off to disappointment on that one! Anyway, I just wanted to complain on the dismal fit of the parts. Every joint needs to be filled and sanded, and as the panel lines are raised, I end up sanding off a good deal of neighboring panel lines. Not to mention huge gaps where there shouldn't be any gaps at all. I'll probably just finish it as a punishment to myself for buying such a kit. If I do finish it, I would like to know if there are any cables connecting the central, or I believe, cabane, struts. The box cover art is vague and misleading on this as if the artist wasn't really too sure about this himself, and no mention or diagram of any cables appear on the instructions or painting schemes. I believe the cables, if any, begin at the top of the struts and descend diagonally to either the inboard or outboard side of the opposite machine-gun slot. I hope I'm being clear. Please correct me on whichever choice is correct.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 12:22 PM UTC
Hi Biggles2!

You are right about the Hs 123 kits... Esci, Revell, Tamiya, Italeri... they are all the same! You even have an AMTech boxing. I choosed the later one because it features additional detail parts in resin (cockpit) but that does not solve the problem of the raised panel lines! I hate raised panel lines!
Tamiya's price is indeed higher but the kit includes an additional sprue from their fuel drums and Jerry can set. Is this enough to justify the price...?
For the cables, see the attached photo taken from a build article in the French magazine "Replic". The cable's locations are in red.

Jean-Luc
Biggles2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
AeroScale: 121 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 10:44 PM UTC
Merci bien, Jean Luc. C'est exactement que je cherche. Tamiya est vraiment un 'rip-off', quand on peut acheter l'avion par Revell et le jerry can set par Tamiya pour moin chere. Je m'excuse si mon francais n'est pas le meilleir. Je vous remerci encore pour votre aide.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, April 07, 2006 - 01:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Je vous remerci encore pour votre aide.

Pas de problème, c'est un plaisir!

Jean-Luc
 _GOTOTOP