"Mauve" Me 110?......
Joker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 813 posts
AeroScale: 30 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 10:14 AM UTC
Hi,
my LHS guy says he has a Me 110 made by a company called "Mauve", are these kits any good? He seemed to think that it was a real treasure , but I don't know the quality, can anyone help out? Haven't seen it, haven't "googled", just trying here first, what do you think, what should I pay?
Thanks for your help
Joker
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
AeroScale: 836 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 11:09 AM UTC
If my failing memory serves me, I believe it was/is the old Fujumi BF110 with added resin detail parts.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 12:08 PM UTC
Hi Peter

Yes - as Dave says, it's the old Fujimi kit with new parts to convert it to a Bf 100G. It's nice - I've got the nightfighter stashed away somewhere... lots of new white-metal and etched parts etc. It was expensive when it was released 15 or so years ago - about £50 over here - and since it came out Revell-Monogram released a very nicely detailed 'G that's much better value for money. There are some concerns about the shape of the engine-nacelles on the RM kit, but you can add aftermarket replacements.

I don't know what the current value would be - I think it's long out of production so it might be a bit of a collector's item... but don't say that to your LHS owner!

All the best

Rowan
Joker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 813 posts
AeroScale: 30 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 05:14 PM UTC
Thanks Lads,
I've got the Revell kit as well, I'll take a look at it but as I'm trying to thin my stash, I can't see myself adding it...but you never know.
Thanks again
Pete
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 12:59 AM UTC
I think Classic airframes are bringing out a series of 110's next year?
Mal
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 02:47 AM UTC
Hi Mal

I do not think so. ... eduard has scheduled some (early) Bf 110 for 2007 or later .... so I do not think CA will release one

BTW Mauve was (is?) a Japanese company who was located in Kobe. remember that earthquake ...

after that Eduard bought or leased the P-40 forms (they just released another version, so I guess they bought it)

best wishes

Steffen
 _GOTOTOP