Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Luftwaffe Pilots & Ground crew
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 869 posts
AeroScale: 862 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 05:24 AM UTC
Here are pics of some of the Preiser 1/48 scale Luftwaffe figures I finished this morning.

I will be buying another set of these figures this year and make them in slightly different poses, the Preiser set includes extra arms and heads and would be easy to modify them.

Matrixone
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 09:56 AM UTC
Hi Les!

Great pictures as usual! The figures are looking very good. Preiser's Luftwaffe set isn't the same quality as the Dragon one in my opinion but you show that they can still be a nice alternative with a good paint job. I have two sets and the fact there are extra arms and heads is very usefull.
What paint did you use on the figures? I use Prince August acrylics to paint them...

Jean-Luc
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2006 - 06:20 AM UTC
Thanks Jean-Luc!

I did not know Dragon made a ground crew set in 1/48 scale, I will see if I can one of those. Now I need to build at least one airplane with the engine cowling open or removed...maybe one of the new Eduard Fw 190 kits or the Tamiya He 162.

The paints used on the figures are the same as I use on my airplanes, Testors Model Master enamels. The clear flat coat I sprayed on the figures is not as matt looking as I had hoped and will fix that next time I clear coat one of my new models.

Matrixone
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2006 - 09:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I did not know Dragon made a ground crew set in 1/48 scale, I will see if I can one of those.

Hi Les!

Eduard and ICM also have produced their sets. For more infos take a look here .

Jean-Luc
Longbow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 13 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2006 - 11:43 AM UTC
The diarama and the figures look outstanding
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 05:58 AM UTC
Thanks Jean-Luc for that information on those other figure sets, the ICM set looks really good and I will try and get one later this year.

Thanks for the comment Longbow!

Matrixone
 _GOTOTOP