Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Duel in the Sky - Official Thread
caanbash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,093 posts
AeroScale: 50 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 03:18 AM UTC
Just writing as a reminder that me and my friend "gerozturk" have started (almost finished) our "Turkish Stars" F-5 planes, as late entry.

Thanks, Jean-Luc.

Cagin
bilko
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 584 posts
AeroScale: 96 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 07:54 PM UTC
Jean-Luc

I told Wad Ware and Newetothegame that I was withdrawing in August when I was transferred in my work. I was working on a TP40 Tomahawk for 3 Squadron RAAF in North Africa. Unfortunately I didn't get it finished before I moved.

I knew that I was having 3 months on my own (no wife and kids to distract the modelling time) with no PC or internet access and only work to keep me away from moodelling. So I was hoping that I might still be able to spring a 31 December surprise.

The packers then sent the wrong box into storage (yes the one with the P40 in it). The box that came to me had the Revell 1/32 Fiesler Storch in it so that is what I have built. So I have changed sides and built a Luftwaffe machine from North Africa.

My PC (and wife and kids) turned up a couple of days before Christmas and I have still to find my digital camera although SWMBO tells me it is here somewhere :-) . I will post pics by Sunday to make the deadline as long as I am allowed to "change sides".

Brian
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2006 - 01:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I will post pics by Sunday to make the deadline as long as I am allowed to "change sides".

Hi Brian!

Yes you can "change sides". I'm looking forward to see the finished Storch!

Jean-Luc
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2006 - 01:28 AM UTC
Hi all!

here the actual status of the Duel Campaign...

So far we have 18 finished models from 14 participants. If I follow strictly the rules, "only" 9 are elligible for a ribbon so far:
- alpha-tango
- JPTRR
- lampie
- TedMamere
- Merlin
- Grypho
- Klimmer
- caanbash
- gerozturk

5 participants are waiting that their oponents finish their kits:
- Wad-ware
- newtothegame
- Phantom2
- Wolfpack
- Jollyroger

Therefore I took the two following decisions:

1 - End date of the Campaign will be Sunday 7th January(*) (one week more to build)

2 - I will award a ribbon to all participants who have finished their entries even if their oponents don't make it before the deadline.

I don't want that people feel guilty if someone doesn't get a ribbon and I don't want to see people who have build something end up with nothing.

I hope you undestand guys!

Jean-Luc

(*) edited
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2006 - 01:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

1 - End date of the Campaign will be Sunday 7th February (one week more to build)

Do you mean Sunday 7th January Jean Luc?
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2006 - 01:37 AM UTC
jean-luc, i can have a little breathing space! i should get my hawk done in time anyway, i'm still working to a jan 1st deadline but, i might be out of comission on new years day for some strange reason!
anyhoo, i still am without a proper digicam right now, but i dug out an old "toy" digicam, it does'nt take great pics, but its a pic all the same!

*edit* hey nigels right! is it a week or a month jean-luc?
newtothegame
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 588 posts
AeroScale: 468 posts
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2006 - 01:54 AM UTC
Jean-Luc,
Thank you so much for both decisions. I hope to decal on Sunday, but don't figure I will be able to weather and put the finishing touches on that day. I was really worried that I was going to screw Wad_Ware out of a ribbon due to this. So, yes, I will still try my hardest to finish, but appreciate that his ribbon is safe...
Thanks again,
Leon
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2006 - 02:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Do you mean Sunday 7th January Jean Luc?

Huh! Yes! Sorry guys, I mean January!

Thanks Nigel!
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2006 - 02:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all!
[...]

Therefore I took the two following decisions:

1 - End date of the Campaign will be Sunday 7th January(one week more to build)

2 - I will award a ribbon to all participants who have finished their entries even if their oponents don't make it before the deadline.

Jean-Luc

Hi Jean-Luc

Not really fair, but good for me ... maybe I should concentrate on my Buffalo for FUMS then

My Status

I-16 t.10 and Fw 190 A-3 done

the George (with George aka Blade26) needs some touch ups where the u/c legs destroyed the upper wing and the canopy needs some paint. ...

the Bf 109 E-4 ( with Carlos aka csch) has its legs and the canopy is on (but still lacking the head armour which is not provided in the kit (Revell went a very easy way with this one ...) .. now it just has to be painted ... but that would have been very, very close for the 31st ... BTW I thought his Spit was finished .. did I get something wrong?

so thanks for the "Galgenfrist"

cheers

Steffen
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2006 - 04:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Not really fair, but good for me ...

Hi Steffen!

You are right, it's not fair. But if you take a look at the "five list", Wolfpack was one of the first to finish a model for the Duel Campaign, Wad-ware built an entry that won the MOM, newtothegame entered two (he still has a nice Martlet to finish) and JollyRoger even three models (all finished) for this Group Build. So I think they really deserve the ribbon.
I've waited for the last moment to announce my decision, so I think all the people who have participated until now did their best to follow the rules...

Quoted Text

maybe I should concentrate on my Buffalo for FUMS then

Yes, it would be nice to see one more Buffalo!

Quoted Text

BTW I thought his Spit was finished .. did I get something wrong?

In the last message from Carlos, he said the Spitfire wasn't finished, so I wait until I get the final pictures.

Jean-Luc
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2006 - 04:52 AM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc

First let me state that my comments were (and are) not meant as criticism! Carlos and George would benefit if I fail ... IF

Regarding FUMS .. well if Eetu would not participate, the whole campaign would be a cattle drive :-) ..... I know, I know, there are some more entrants with non-bovine models ...

Carlos spit not finished ... Hmm ... here it shows that I could follow the forum with just an eye and little concentration ... 2 days left ... lets see how I work under pressure .. but now I'm hitting the hay

Good night, good fight!

cheers

Steffen
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2006 - 08:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

1 - End date of the Campaign will be Sunday 7th January(*) (one week more to build)

Hi J-L,

A gift from the model gods!

The past week my modeling has been in a deep-stall; I have been languishing with a cold and asleep with medicine, a plethora of friends and family stopping by for the holidays, and work, work, work (why did I take that "fun" job at the hobby shop? ) all these things have robbed me of prime building time.

My P-47 will thus be finished!
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2006 - 07:39 PM UTC
Hi Jean Luc:

Great news ! A week more to finish !

In the past days I didn´t advence with my Spit because I´m very down and sad. The 24 th my beloved cat decided to go for a walk and up to now he didn´t come back again. All my family is missing him, he´s my modelling companion, always by my side when seating in the workbench. I hope he comes home soon. Today I´ll finish the Spit.
Here I post a pic of Ulises an me:
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2006 - 07:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Here I post a pic of Ulises an me

Hi Carlos

Ulises .. hmm .. no wonder he can't find back .. I better send a prayer or two to Zeus or Neptun to grant him to come back to Ithaka ... all jokes aside I hope he will come back soon to your family.

to resume the topic ... my Bf 109 is on track and will be finished in the given new timeframe OTOH you do not have to fear in any case as J-L granted everyone a ribbon who finished to build

best wishes

Steffen
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2006 - 08:02 PM UTC
Hi Steffen, thanks for your kind words and that prayer isn´t a bad idea
Yesterday at Venus hour, we asked her to bring him back.

See you over the channel !
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2006 - 08:55 PM UTC
Hi Carlos!

I hope your cat will find his way home soon. I'm a cat lover too (I have one currently) and I can imagine how you feel. I would feel very sad if mine would disapear just like that.

I wish Ulises good luck...

Jean-Luc
Clanky44
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
AeroScale: 133 posts
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2006 - 09:04 PM UTC
Hi Carlos,

Our cat, Bugsy, went missing a few years back, my wife and I searched all over the neighbourhood, without success. We left the front door open every night in hopes that he would find his way home. On the fourth night with me sleeping on the couch by the front door, he arrived, all wet and feeling pretty sorry for himself.

Don't give up hope, and leave your door open slightly, cats have a great senses, he'll come back.

Frank
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 12:29 AM UTC
Thanks Jean Luc & Frank !
Your kind words give me hope. I´m leaving the downstairs windows open because I also believe that one of these nights he will find his way home. Today it´s the 7th day he´s away. Hope this come to and end soon.

Returning to my Spirfire:
right now I´m masking the canopie, finished the antenae wire and placied the navigation light. Tomorrow I´ll take the final pics & post them.

Thanks & regards
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 01:14 AM UTC
Hi Carlos...

Sorry to hear about your cat. I'm sure that he'll be back sooner than you think. He's just hanging out with the "boys" giving the girls a rough time in the neighbourhood....being the man that he is, and good looking.

JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 04:48 AM UTC
I hope he comes back soon. I used to have one and he went for a month once. I love cats but I am alergic to them(asthma) so I can't take one home anymore.
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 07:36 AM UTC
Thanks Jan & Yalım:

Things like this one makes me see that this site is full of fantastic people !
Thanks all for your kind & positive feellings about Ulises. I´m sure that he will recieve all that positive waves of my modellers friends of Aeroscale !
It´s nice to check the forum and see that there are people with the same sensations about our beloved pets.

Happy new year to everyone and lets hope that my chap will be with me again soon.

newtothegame
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 09:34 AM UTC
Carlos,
I truly hope your cat finds his way home. My always beside my side companion is a dog, and I can't imagine how terrible I would feel if he went off for a couple of days. I really hope we have a happy ending to this story soon.
Leon
bilko
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 584 posts
AeroScale: 96 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 09:56 AM UTC
Jean-Luc

Thank you for letting me change sides. you can probably update your latest list of participants by putting me back in with Wad ware and Newtothegame and marking my name in GREEN.

I have posted 2 photos in the WadWare, Bilko, Newtothegame Thread for our duel.

I have posted a total of 5 photos in the Duel in the Sky Gallery - however I notice that there are very few photos in there - so have I posted in the wrong place? If so the photos are also in my personal gallery so if you want to move or dump the ones in the DITS Gallery feel free to do so.

I must admit that even though I changed horses mid-stride I have really enjoyed this campaign and thank you for your leadership throughout.

Brian
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 04:50 AM UTC
Hi chaps:

Ulises had reterned !!! He was out for 8 days, but now he´s with his family again.
I want to thank all the good wishes and hope that you nice people gave me.
Now I can say HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!

newtothegame
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 05:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi chaps:

Ulises had reterned !!!

I am so happy for you!! What a great day!!
Leon