_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II: Germany
Aircraft of Germany in WWII.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Revell 1/72 Me 262 A-1 balancing issues.Help!
madwolf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 258 posts
AeroScale: 66 posts
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2006 - 01:52 AM UTC
I am sort of a quickly learning advanced novice when it comes to modeling, but very new to aircraft. I just finished building my Revell 1/72 Me 262 A-1 (I'll post pictures a little later) and to my disappointment, I found out I accidentally omitted adding weight in the aircraft's nose. The model now falls on its tail. This is a cheap kit, but I've spent a lot of time on it and I would like to be able to do something with it. Any ideas? I was thinking of gluing the wheels to a small platform or maybe drilling a hole through the under side and get one of those arch stands for it to hold it in air in a 'ready to land' position. I'm glad I got to experience on this model first (luckily, I also have a larger, Tamiya Me-262) since I've learned a lot of things about modeling planes, through making mistakes mostly.
Thanks for any input!
CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
AeroScale: 1,168 posts
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2006 - 03:17 AM UTC
Small "fishing" weights can be dropped in through the forward wheel well than shot in some Elmer's glue. You can get the weights about the size of double 0 buck shoot at WalMart. Done that a few time myself.
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 10:21 AM UTC
Been going through the site tonight and saw your problem. Have you solved it yet? I like to use modeling clay, it conforms to whatever shape you want and is pretty dense so makes a good weight. Just thought I'd weigh in; pun intended. Take care. Russell
madwolf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 258 posts
AeroScale: 66 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 09:19 PM UTC
I haven't fixed the issue yet. The problem is that I do not have access to the inside of the plane unless I could insert a syringe through the holes on the bottom where the spent cartridges would come out. I might drill a hole through the wheel well to insert the weights or I might have to make a stand for this model. Thanks for all the great advice though! I'll be sure to use it next time I build a plane!
 _GOTOTOP