Site Feedback
Have a suggestion or topic about this site? Post it here.
Modeling cafe
ladymodelbuilder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,218 posts
AeroScale: 424 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 04:43 AM UTC
Hey guys, I know all about the uglyness of "helmet hair". It's getting that time of year again.

Here is my 1:1 scale bike.

Other than building plastic, this is my other stress reliever..

LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
KitMaker: 831 posts
AeroScale: 688 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 06:09 AM UTC
Well well. A little Kwak to howl around on. I prefer them slimey green, but those silver tribals look good, so you're forgiven Penny

My "Stina" is still in the garage, awaiting the flowers and swallows. Together with a little Yam 125 road racer.

She's rather unique, since she was the type testing sample for a model that never got produced in Sweden. I put her together myself when I worked at Husaberg, pulled her through EEC type testing (NOT a piece of cake) only to see the whole factory being moved to Austria. I kept the companys road sign though! It looks good on the wall.

So, the movie tonight will NOT be Smokey and the Bandit, because motorcycles were harmed making that movie.

Ride rude Tony
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 06:49 AM UTC
Very nice looking rides you have there Penny and Tony .

this is my ride ........................................

spent a little over two and half years years building this one . might not have one of those gas tthingys in the frame but it's one hell of a smooth ride ever where I go .
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 08:18 AM UTC
Well, Stina has got a gas thingy, but she only has six gears. I guess that white garden gate beats that by far. Sure looks serious...

Tony
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 12:23 PM UTC
Thanks Tony , the front forks are hydraulic and I can change the air pressure as well with the oil for different riding conditions . Has 27 speeds, clip less pedals so my feet don't fall of when it's wet or going through mud . I would tell you the price of this , but I don't want to be the cause of any one having a heart attack .

Tonights film will D.III 88 , haven't seen this one yet .
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 06:55 PM UTC
No please don't! I assume it sums up over most of my cars through history..

Looking forward to the movie. Never even heard about that one, so I guess it's time to reset the brain to propaganda-german.

Tony
Bigskip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,487 posts
AeroScale: 575 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 08:02 PM UTC
Nice looking rides people. I'm kinda alergic to 2 wheels, after having a bit of an off!!!

Looking for a new car at the moment - Volvo S60 Diesel Auto - should be sorting at the weekend, if i do, i'll post piccies :-)

Andy
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 08:46 AM UTC
Thanks Andy ! If we can get some more post we'll have our own auto show right out side the cafe . Can't go wrong with that make , very reliable cars .

Not a word will come out of my month Tony . Peoples health has to come frist .

Has any one seen our fearless leader ? I bet you Rowan and him are drooling over the new review kits ...................we want food , we want food , we want food . as we all slam our fist on the cafe tables !................................................
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 01:23 AM UTC
All is quite in the café , finally some peace to ones soul . This has been one long week filled with the frustrations of life . Pours a big cup of joe walks over the the big soooooooo , comfortable leather chair . Crabs the remote for the sound system , relaxing listening to Beethoven softy playing in the back ground..........................................
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 07:34 AM UTC
....cough...cough...cough....*brushing off all the rubbish, empty boxes, beer cans and bottles, empty whisky, rum, vodka and gin bottles....stretches his stiff limbs*......cough....cough....*brushes off a layer of dust* What the.....how long have I been sleeping? Is someone taking the p*sh with me? *stands up, looks out the window....not seeing a soul out on the field* Where is everybody?
*looks closer into the window......* Strange, can't remember having a mustach.... Waaaait a minute....this one is painted on....and only ONE eyebrow!!?? What the...my nails!!

Teeerrrrrriiiii......!!!!

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2009 - 02:11 AM UTC
All is still nice and peaceful here in the cafe , I think I'll pour my self some more coffee with baileys in it . ..................ducking down to get a new bottle of the lower shelf ...the door bust open and in a angery voice ................' where is she ..........Where is that nail painting ......."

still down by the lower shelf , this is not good ....................in a deep voice I holler out ....she left about a hour ago !!!!
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2009 - 02:30 AM UTC
Thanks!

*Heads into the mensroom to wash it all off.....*

*That voice sounded weird but still familiar, I wonder....*
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2009 - 07:47 AM UTC
I slip out the front door and hail a cab before Jan comes out of the washroom .

Cabbie ask , where to ? The airport please , and step on it !!!!!!!!
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 996 posts
AeroScale: 915 posts
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2009 - 10:30 AM UTC
Ok comparing rides and stress relievers mine has 3 wheels

It is a 1:1 scale kit (literally) but I didn't build it. Wouldn't mind trying tho. My choice would be a Vans RV-6, and a look at Van web site would show you why, Gorgeous.
Enough of this, film has to be Easy Rider.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2009 - 02:30 PM UTC
Cool Andrew , your trike even has wings !

Good call on the movie for tonight , now what about the food ?
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2009 - 11:54 PM UTC
Food? To Easy rider? I remember when "Dallas" was showing in Sweden a long time ago, and the party trick of the day was to pick a character and try to keep up with the drinking. Of course no one was stupid enough to choose Sue Ellen.

But then again, if we were smoking like those bikers, in the café, Stephen would propably bring us with him to work, and keep us there....for a looong time.....

So why not canned Hot dogs, heated to slightly below boiling between the cylinders of a big V-twin, and flushed down with a pair of steel-canned brews.

Tony
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 01:31 AM UTC
My '109K-4 and '190 are almost done...not happy with the exhaust stains that I did (not shown here), with the airbrush...next times, pastels!
The Ju 88C-6 is for Udo Cordes from KG3, the '219 for Baake from NJG1, looking for suitable green A's for that one...

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 07:52 AM UTC
Not to bad at all there Jan !

Tony , what's this about canned Hot dogs ? beer is one thing , but meat !!!!!!!!

We really need to have Stephen back in the kitchen , if we can just pull him away from the reviews ..................................
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 996 posts
AeroScale: 915 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 09:57 AM UTC
Jan, like the spotty Uhu. Terri, Thin sliced smoked salmon salad, new potatos,coleslaw, chilled bottle of Pinot Grigio, Creme Brulee, freshly ground Java Espressos and a dram of your favourite tipple (if Steven will release the key to the cellar).
My winged trike will do 120mph legally and cuts the distance to Manchester (for example ) from 135 miles to just over 90. Only trouble is - I need decent weather to do it in
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 01:28 AM UTC
Great menu Andrew , Will work out very well and with Tony taking care of the beer . All base are coverd , by the way have you seen Tony around ?

LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 05:45 AM UTC
Uhmmm, yawn, sigh....

Guess I've had too long days, and had to work across the weekend, so I've been a bit off lately. I won't trust myself in charge of beer though. I made inventory in the bike gangs cellar the other night, to make sure we were safe for easter. We weren't. Out of four crates of danish, three expired late 2007 and the fourth in may 2004. How do those things happen....?

Tony
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 02:09 AM UTC
Yeh , work seems to get in the way of a lot things Tony , like modeling building and sleeping. My God the list never ends ! If the beer is that old we need to revap the stock and bring it up to date . Wonder if Eduard has any up-date sets we can use ?

Bigskip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,487 posts
AeroScale: 575 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 08:04 AM UTC
Hey, old beer is still beer, send it down here, i'll sup a crate or two.

I'll be missing for a week or so however, off to visit Normandy - i'll pass my regards on to those who let us carry on how we currently do.

Andy
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 08:52 PM UTC
The beer is on the way Andy ! Did you get the car yet or are you thinking about something else now ?

Now lets see , what about tonights film . pours a drink , walking around the café lost in my own thoughts . laughter stirs up with in of memories from my childhood ...........THAT'S IT !

IT'S WALT DISNEY NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With Stephen still missing in action the kitchen just isn't the same , Andrew is a very fine cook , knows his way around a stove !

Tonights menu is ...............BBQ pork ribs in , Honey garlic , super hot , sweet BBQ .
Baked potato with all the fixings . corn on the cob with butter from the farm ( fresh ) Cesar salad along with graden salad . Macaroni , coleslaw with vinaigrette dressing . Home made bread .

Finishing off with cheese cake , strawberry short cake with real whipping cream , cherry pie ( can't forget the ice cream ) Rum cake , Black forest cake .
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2009 - 05:22 AM UTC
Meanwhile back at Aeroscale Early Aviation Hangar, we find the figure of Liet. Gen Jack Flash busy at his work / hobby desk with;

1 @ 1/48 Eduard Camel
1 @ 1/48 Eduard Fokker Dr.I
2 @ 1/48 DML / Dragon Fok. Dr.I
1 @ 1/48 Eduard Fok. E.II / III
1 @ 1/48 Eduard Roland C.II
11 @ 1/48 kit reviews ( 6 a/c & 5 figures)

"Ursula!, darling where is my Bengal Spice tea? Where is that woman? I hear laughter. . . " Peeking around the office south corner all becomes clear. It seems the all-girl ground crew has sparked off an impromtu training session. Pillow fights in daylight. Nothing but nether garments. "This is going to be a long weekend folks. These situations usually wind up with my uniform trousers hanging from the flag pole and me sleeping off my exhaustion. Well, a man's got to do what a man's got to do. I did sign up for this. . . Ladies, uh ladies now see here!" The Hangar door slides shut and a "do not disturb" sign is hung on all chain locked entrances.