LuftNUT
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 23 posts
AeroScale: 14 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 01:35 AM UTC
Please see my gallery link to my latest project photo here:

http://photos.kitmaker.net/showphoto.php/photo/178466/cat/500/ppuser/23582

Hopefully ending up as a JU 88 from an unknown unit in Luftflotte 3, and courtesy of the old revell kit, now sadley out of production.

I'm also looking for a dragon 1/48 Ju 88 G- 6, so if anyone knows where I can get one, as they seem to be out of production as well?

Cheers guys, and gals!
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 01:49 AM UTC
Hi Patrick, welcome to Aeroscale

LuftNUT Ju 88 I've turned your link live
I have the Revell Ju 88A-4 and I plan to back date it into an A-1. Have you had any problems with the build, so far?
I have the G-6 in my stash (sorry not for sale ) I am building Dragons Mistel at the moment.
Please keep us posted on your progress.
Mal
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 01:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Patrick, welcome to Aeroscale

LuftNUT Ju 88 I've turned your link live
I have the Revell Ju 88A-4 and I plan to back date it into an A-1. Have you had any problems with the build, so far?
I have the G-6 in my stash (sorry not for sale ) I am building Dragons Mistel at the moment.
Please keep us posted on your progress.
Mal

I've got the C-6, G-6 AND the Mistel.... :-)
LuftNUT
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 02:01 AM UTC
Thanks for the reply Mal,

I have backdated the wingtips to an A-1 as you can see in the picture, getting it up to pre-shading stage was the hardest bit! And the DML/Revell kit is not the easiest, particularly for fit.

For the wings I deliberately added slightly too much glue (liquid poly), to develop a kind of seal, between the wing root, and fuselage, as I felt that using a lot of putty would otherwise make the wing root joint quite weak

Other than that, the build is going well, and I’m sorting out the undercarriage, and brake pipe/linings, with some fine gauge wire. Hope to get a finished picture soon!

On the subject of the G-6 even Kingkit have sold out!!! And I think my only hope is to look round aerojumbles or stalls, as there quite rare now.

Good luck with your Mistel, I have the kit on my stash pile, and might do an S2, with a replacement 190 using the new Eduard kit.

Pat
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 02:11 AM UTC
Try ebay Patrick there's a JU-88 G there but it's a HOBBYCRAFT and don't know about their quality....
Welcome once again matey!
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 12:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have backdated the wingtips to an A-1 as you can see in the picture, getting it up to pre-shading stage was the hardest bit! And the DML/Revell kit is not the easiest, particularly for fit.

Oh yes, I see now that you have pointed it out Have you also removed the bulges on the engine nacels? Yes I had to fight with My Mistel Ju88, for fit, plus the starboard fuselage half was miss moulded and had a 1" x 1/4" piece missing from the edge. I'm trying to make it look like a worn out airframe by painting the port aileron, starboard elevator and a couple of fiselage panels as if they have been cannibalised from other aircraft. I am also goint to cover the hole for the DF equipment, as I reckon surplus equipment would be removed. I have also modified the FW 190 into an F-8 and raised the wheels. I have only ever seen models built with the wheels, of the Fw190, down. From what photographic evidence that I can find the training versions are seen with wheels down and the actual bomb mod have the wheels up? This makes perfect sense, to me I don't want to highjack your thread by posting pics but I have a few in my gallery. The Fw 190 has been stripped of paint and Has recently had a new primer coat and will soon receive it's first pre-shading colours
Mal
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 04:47 AM UTC
Welcome aboard Patrick.
I tried to see your pics but the gallery is temporarily out. I´ll try again latter.
Obiwan3
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 50 posts
AeroScale: 21 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 10:43 PM UTC
Lads,

I take it these are all 1/48 scale? I've a few Ju88s in 1/72, starting from the old Airfix A-4s to the new Hasegawa G-1. Nacelle fits on some of these kits is/was problematical. I've been on a Nachtjager kick for these Jus. Chasing down gun noses and the radar sets is half the battle.
LuftNUT
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 - 08:47 AM UTC
u dont say..
 _GOTOTOP