_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Ju-88A4 wannabeee
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 06:38 PM UTC
Here is my 1/144 Minicraft Ju88. Horrifying kit but has no alternative in the scale as far as I know. Comes in Africa sheme but I decided to paint it Splinter since I find the Africa gelb boring. A Nightmare about details and even worse in masking the clear parts. Anywasy. Going slowly but wanted to take opinion since it is pre-flight check. Have fun...

PS: no we don't use giant coins in Turkey....
goldstandard
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 208 posts
AeroScale: 186 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 10:47 AM UTC
Looks pretty good to me. I know those small kits can be trouble because even the smallest defects are huge when the model can fit in the palm of your hand. The only thing I ever worry about is that the paint might seep under the edges of the mask. If I ever do a model with a complex canopy like that I would probably try to find a larger scale, since my hands are too shaky to really do good detail work like that.
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2007 - 11:23 AM UTC
having recently built one of these in 1/72, i'd say you're doing alright with this one. the glazing was a nightmare in that scale, never mind this size!
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 07:36 PM UTC
Thanks guys. I haven't checked the site for a while that is why I haven't seen your replies sorry. I couldn't do anything more on her yet but I will soon.
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 12:49 AM UTC
Yarbay,

I don't see any real problems. And if you masked that 1/144 canopy, I AM NOT WORTHY!
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 03:44 AM UTC
Well actually I did mask them Brigadier General but that was just looking straight into the eyes of fear and not twitching until job is done. It took me some time and several attempts to get it right. Don't think that doing it took time, no sir. It was the fooling my self ready to do it I won't even talk about the radome. The b...ers didn't even mother ro mold the frames. I had to do it blindly. I even thought about sculpting it with putty to a C version. Anyways it was not a good deal of job. It was just a waste of useful men and resou.....excuse me????
 _GOTOTOP