_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
New Campaigns for the second half of 2007
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 10:15 PM UTC
Hi all!

Below is a list of the 5 new Campaigns scheduled for the second half of 2007... in order of appearance:

1 - VVS Campaign (Campaign Leader = oleander13 but I have currently no contact with him)
2 - WW1 Campaign (Campaign Leader = Jackflash?)
3 - Pacific Campaign (Campaign Leaders = SGTJKJ + Siderius)
4 - Falklands War Campaign (Campaign Leader = bf443)
5 - Mark Sharpe Campaign (Campaign Leader = GunTruck but I have currently no contact with him)

The Campaigns will allow you to build subjects from 1914 to 2007.

Early aviation will be represented by a new WW1 Campaign. We are working on the details of this Campaign right now.
Fans of Russian subjects can participate to the VVS Campaign which will cover all the planes used by the Soviets from 1930 to 1991. Aircraft must have flown with Soviet or Russian markings. All lend-lend lease aircraft aquired that flew in the VVS are allowed, but Soviet build aircraft flying under a different countries markings are not allowed.
The Pacific Campaign (Rumble in the East Asian Sky) will go from 1937 to 1945 and will cover all the aspects of the Pacific War: China 1937, Pearl Harbor 1941, Midway 1942, The Great Marianas Turkey Shoot 1944, the defense of Japan 1945 etc... Models of planes from both Allied and Axis sides will be allowed.
The Falklands War Campaign is focused on the conflict between Argentina and England in 1982. Several aircraft types were involved: C-130, A4 Skyhawk, Super Etendard, Mirage III EA, Puccara, Puma, Aermacchi MB.339's, T-34C's, Alouette, Dagger A (Mirage), Canberra B.62, Agusta A, Iroquois UH-1H's, Bell 212's, Learjet 35A, Harrier RN & RAF, Vulcan, Wessex, Sea Kings, Wasp, Lynx, VC.10 transports, chartered Boeing 707's, Chinook, Phantom FGR.2's (Ascension-based Aircraft), Nimrod, Victor K.2 tankers, Gazelle, etc...
The Mark Sharpe Campaign honors Armorama member Joe Szczygielski's (mother) son-in-law Mark Sharpe who is tragically deceased in December 05. This is a way for us to honor his memory and to support a member of our community (see link here). This group build focuses on modern Helicopters and Aircraft that Joe enjoys and models so well. All KitMaker Network members are encouraged to participate and enter a model in memory of Mark Sharpe.

The proposed dates for the Campaigns can be figured out on the following table:

If there are suggestions or comments, please feel free to post them here.

Thanks!

Jean-Luc
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 10:43 PM UTC
A quick scan of the stash and it looks as though I have kits for at least 4 of these already
Time,as always,will be the enemy.I think I will have a very busy August,as I have tours booked from Sept-Jan!
A very nice selection to choose from though, something for everybody
I like the chart as well,,makes it a lot easier to keep track of the campaigns Jean Luc.Any chance of it being included on the main campaign page at some point?
Nige
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 11:03 PM UTC
Hi all

I am in for RED STARS and China 37-39 ... and maybe one of the modern campaigns ...

Maybe a good motivation to tackle my Sword FM-2 (an ugly kit) and my F-2 + /F-16 ... we'll see

Horridoh! (just to add some Luftwaffe feeling)

Steffen
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2007 - 12:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Horridoh! (just to add some Luftwaffe feeling)

Hi Steffen!

Unfortunately the new Campaigns won't allow any WW2 Luftwaffe model to be entered... The VVS Campaign is only for Russian aircraft (or carrying russian markings). You could enter a Fw 190 D-9 with red stars but no Bf 109 F-2

I know it seems hard to exclude German WW2 planes as they are probably the most popular subject for aircraft modelers, but I think it will make a nice change for once.

Jean-Luc
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2007 - 01:03 AM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc

no problem for me !

BTW nice chart ... I especially like the "You are here" arrow

cheers

Steffen
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2007 - 01:14 AM UTC
Looks great. I am in for all campaigns except WWI if time allows. I have something in my stash for almost all of them.

Looking forward to run the Pacific campaign in association with Siderius
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2007 - 06:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

BTW nice chart ... I especially like the "You are here" arrow

Hi Steffen!

As always, everything is in the detail!

Jean-Luc
Phantom2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 678 posts
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2007 - 06:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If there are suggestions or comments, please feel free to post them here.

Thanks!

Jean-Luc

Hi all!

Looks like I´m in for all If time allows!
It will be a busy fall and winter!

I´d like a little more "structure" on the Mark Sharpe campaign, though.

Jean-Luc, I have a Campaign suggestion (for the next round);
Trainers around the world!

Trainers are usually sporting many happy, bright colors.
Could be a change from all those camouflaged aircrafts we usually do.

Let the Campaigns Roll!

Cheers!

Stefan E
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 12:51 AM UTC
I am just shopping around the net for something for the Falklands war campaign. I am sure I have seen a Hasegawa Argentine A-4 Skyhawk at some point but I cannot find it on the net. Very strange. The search continues.

A small comment for the WWI campaign: maybe a subject could be choosen were both experts and total newcomers to planes from before 1930 could find some easy WWI models without too much rigging and complicated lozenge camouflage Just a thought...
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 02:14 AM UTC
hai,

Jackflash got me hooked on WWI planes. I'll hold it against him forever:D

but the timing is bad. I will have problems enough already finalising the guardian angel campaign in time.

Is it possible to start the WW1 later or increase the time available for it?
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 05:50 AM UTC
Hi All!

Quoted Text

Stefan, could you explain what you mean by "structure"?

Quoted Text

A small comment for the WWI campaign: maybe a subject could be choosen were both experts and total newcomers to planes from before 1930 could find some easy WWI models without too much rigging and complicated lozenge camouflage. Just a thought...

I think this is something Stephen must indeed consider for the new WW1 Campaign...

Quoted Text

Is it possible to start the WW1 later or increase the time available for it?

Everything is possible!

Jean-Luc
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 06:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Well, I cannot speak for Stefan, but I also find it a bit "obscure".

Steffen
Phantom2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 07:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Jean-Luc!

Well, this Is a really big and "loose" Campaign designation.
Can we please narrow It down a bit here?

What timeframe are we talking about?
For me "Modern" starts after the cold war (that´s about the ´70s until today), for others "Modern" is the last decade only.
I assume Helicopters Is in the same timespan here.

Can we build ANY aircraft/Helicopter?

Please remember that I´m only searching for more information on this Campaign build.
I have absolutley nothing against the Campaign theme choosen.

I do want to participate, just want to know more about what we are supposed to do here.

I hope I could explain a bit better now.

Cheers!

Stefan E
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 07:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Well, I cannot speak for Stefan, but I also find it a bit "obscure".

Steffen

Hi Stefan and Steffen!

The Mark Sharpe Campaign honors Armorama member Joe Szczygielski's (mother) son-in-law Mark Sharpe who is tragically deceased in December 05. This is a way for us to honor his memory and to support a member of our community (see link here).

About the models to build, I would say that any aircraft still in use by the U.S. Air Force today would be nice as these are the favorite subjects built by Joe.

Sorry, you were both right, it wasn't clear from the beginning.

Jean-Luc
Phantom2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 08:09 AM UTC
Hi all!

Now I feel like a real jerk!
My only excuse is that I had no idea about this tragic loss for Joe, as It happend before I came aboard Armorama/Aeroscale!

Joe, You have my deepest sympathy and I regret the loss you and you daughter had!

Sir, I would be proud to build a Chopper for this Campaign!

Best wishes!

Stefan E
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 08:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Now I feel like a real jerk!

No problem Stefan, it was my fault...

Jean-Luc
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 08:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I am just shopping around the net for something for the Falklands war campaign. I am sure I have seen a Hasegawa Argentine A-4 Skyhawk at some point but I cannot find it on the net. Very strange. The search continues.

Hi Jesper,
Hobbycraft do a 1/48th A-4 Skyhawk in Falklands war markings .
A-4B Skyhawk Argentina .
Andy
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 09:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

About the models to build, I would say that any aircraft still in use by the U.S. Air Force today would be nice as these are the favorite subjects built by Joe.

Hi Jean-Luc

I though of something similar you mentioned and my condolences to Joe and the family! Life is not fair and I have seriously considered such a step myself but it is no solution for me (at the moment).

Back on topic: the task is US aircraft or helicopter in US service, right?

So I am not in for this campaign, I have a F-16CJ which will get FACh markings and a Mitsubishi F-2 ... which I want to build this year.

BTW I am o.k. with editing my post, but I would have liked to be notified!

best regards

Steffen
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 05:23 PM UTC
Hi Steffen!

Quoted Text

Back on topic: the task is US aircraft or helicopter in US service, right?

So I am not in for this campaign, I have a F-16CJ which will get FACh markings and a Mitsubishi F-2 ... which I want to build this year.

Well, if we go after the original rules, both your F-16CJ and your Mitsubishi F-2 are elligible. (see official Campaign page here). I only mentionned US aircraft still in service because this is what Joe likes most and because you wanted more "structure" . But I don't think Joe will mind if you build a F-16 or a Mitsubishi F-2. To be exact, the rules say: "All modern (post WW II) Aircraft subjects are eligible. Any scale and any level of detail from Out-of-the-Box to heavily modified are welcome. Helicopters are highly encouraged."

Quoted Text

BTW I am o.k. with editing my post, but I would have liked to be notified!

I've just sent you a PM about that... a bit late though... sorry again.

Jean-Luc
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 05:26 PM UTC
Hi all!

The Campaigns (except the WW1 one) do appear in the Campaign main page now. Campaign Leaders can edit them, add awards or banners and people can start to enlist...

Jean-Luc
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 05:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi Jesper,
Hobbycraft do a 1/48th A-4 Skyhawk in Falklands war markings .
A-4B Skyhawk Argentina .
Andy

Thanks a lot, Andy This was probably the one I remembered as a Hasegawa model. I will probably go with either the Skyhawk or a Harrier.
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 06:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Steffen!

[Well, if we go after the original rules, both your F-16CJ and your Mitsubishi F-2 are elligible. (see official Campaign page here). I only mentionned US aircraft still in service because this is what Joe likes most and because you wanted more "structure" . But I don't think Joe will mind if you build a F-16 or a Mitsubishi F-2. To be exact, the rules say: "All modern (post WW II) Aircraft subjects are eligible. Any scale and any level of detail from Out-of-the-Box to heavily modified are welcome. Helicopters are highly encouraged."

Jean-Luc

I agree that this definently a very broad definition of the campaign. However, I hope we will still be going by the campaign rules. I bought the 1/72 Eduard profipack L-39 Albatros for this campaign yesterday and I am looking forward to entering that at some time Also, originally some other campaigns such as the "Swingwing campaign" were included in this campaign so I think limiting it to only US subjects would be a little restrictive.
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 10:20 PM UTC
ok,

I am heavily interested in the WW1 campaign and in the Mark Sharpe campaign but please please please please please add a cuple of months to the time otherwise it is hopeless
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 12:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I agree that this definently a very broad definition of the campaign. However, I hope we will still be going by the campaign rules.

Hi Jesper and all!

What do you think if we go for the following rule:
The entry must be a military jet or helicopter still in use today by any air force?

Quoted Text

please please please please please add a cuple of months to the time otherwise it is hopeless

I know time is always a problem. But if we extend the Campaigns too much we won't be in the position to start new Campaigns for the first half of 2008. I think we should keep the 6 months timeframe rule for each group build if possible...

Jean-Luc
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 04:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I know time is always a problem. But if we extend the Campaigns too much we won't be in the position to start new Campaigns for the first half of 2008. I think we should keep the 6 months timeframe rule for each group build if possible...

Jean-Luc

Fair enough. I'll try anyway

_GOTOTOP