_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Future 1/35 MRC/Academy Helo releases
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2007 - 04:35 AM UTC
Was just shown these two kits by our own Mother (Joe Szczygielski) recently.

They will be updated re-releases of the Academy/MRC AH-1W and UH-1C Huey Gunship with new decals and possibly some new parts, the W is listed as an AH-1W NTS (Night Targeting System, some of the latest mods).

They look interesting and the new decals look really nice. The W looks like a copy of one of the options off the Two-Bobs "Whiskeys in the Mix" sheet. The C model looks nice and colorful too.

Here are the pics:

Does anyone have any more info on them? The website is all in Chinese (I think??) and I can't read a bit of it.

Here is the website they came from:
http://gustav.x-y.net/bbs/zboard.php?id=text04&page=1&sn1=&divpage=1&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=38
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 02:35 AM UTC
Here is an update and clarification from Chris Miller of Cobra Company. Apparently they are future releases from MRC/Academy.

Quoted Text

These are pre-release box art of MRC releases coming soon. The AH-1W NTS nose will be retooled for MRC with some additional changes to reflect the NTS, no Cobra Company parts included. The UH-1C is a "Special Markings" release which will include complete markings for FOUR different UH-1C gunships, all very colorful and not previously released. The cover is a Charlie Model from the 188th AHC called "SATISFACTION". I was retained by the MRC rep to develop the markings selection and historical data for each of the four aircraft.

They look good and are very welcome additions to the helo stables.
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 08:20 PM UTC
That Cobra looks really good. I could become tempted to add that one to my collection. The markings especially look stunning.

Thanks for the update
bananaJOE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Niedersachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 71 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 05:57 AM UTC
Only got one question...When are they available in the stores

Can´t wait to get a "new" AH-1W

Alex
MARPAT
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Northern Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 206 posts
AeroScale: 37 posts
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 - 07:44 PM UTC
Great, I have been thinkin about addin a whiskey cobra into a diorama. Thanks HeavyArty
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2007 - 02:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Only got one question...When are they available in the stores

Sorry, no release date yet. Hopefully soon.

Quoted Text

Great, I have been thinking about adding a whiskey cobra into a diorama.

If you are just interested in building a W, the Academy AH-1W kit is already out there. It doesn't build into the latest NTS version, but Cobra Company has a set for that. It builds into a mid-'90s (ODS era) AH-1W. It is a great kit and has lots of options. The upgraded one should be even better though.
bf443
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 895 posts
AeroScale: 457 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 05:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The UH-1C is a "Special Markings" release which will include complete markings for FOUR different UH-1C gunships, all very colorful and not previously released.

Just a thought, I hope one of Mr. Millers' marking choices is UH-1from the US NAVY HAL-3 "SEAWOLVES".

Brian
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 02:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

...I hope one of Mr. Millers' marking choices is UH-1from the US NAVY HAL-3 "SEAWOLVES".

That would be great. If you are looking for SeaWolves decals though, Fireball Modelworks does a whole sheet of them in 1/72, 1/48, 1/35, and 1/24. They look great and are easy to work with as well.

bf443
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 895 posts
AeroScale: 457 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 04:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If you are looking for SeaWolves decals though, Fireball Modelworks does a whole sheet of them in 1/72, 1/48, 1/35, and 1/24. They look great and are easy to work with as well.

Hello Gino,

Thank you for the heads up on this. I sent Joe an email last night I'm excited they do look good indeed. Not only HAL-3 but VAL-4 as well ! With these decals I can enter the Riverine Campaign (Model shipwrights) with a unique aircraft.

Sincerely,
Brian
 _GOTOTOP