_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Between the Wars Air Campaign!!!
guitarlute101
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,121 posts
AeroScale: 1,063 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 - 09:07 AM UTC
Stephen,

I'll be entering a 1/72 Fairchild F-91 Amphibian and a 1/72 Vega model 5. I still haven't decided if I'll model the Vega as Earhart's "Little Red Bus" or Wiley Post's "Winnie Mae".

-Mark
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 02:52 PM UTC
I have finally decided on my build and scrounged around for the kit. Squadron.com has it for a decent price. It will be representing a record setting aircraft. I "Googled it" and found a great deal of information. After it set its main record (for which it was built) it toured most of Europe. Even today there is high evidence of every Latin country it visited. It will have the aluminum doped finish seen on many Nieuport and Pfalz fightersof WWI. Not a flashy paint scheme but subsequent production models went to Japan with yellow and blue schemes.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 04:58 PM UTC
Campaign Debriefing
Greetings all;
As we come to the end of this campaign, I want to add that it has been a great learning experience for me personally. In the end 17 kits were entered and several were done by two modelers inparticular. I saw resin , plastic and brass media all coming together in grand fashions. I look forward to flying with all of you gentle folk again in the near future. That sudden glint of light on your port wing is the sun set on this campaign. A snappy salute to you all, til we meet again in another Aeroscale campaign.

This is Jack Flash outbound at angels seven.
 _GOTOTOP