_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Roden Gotha GIV the build
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 02:58 AM UTC
Great piece of work on this one. I really admire your skills with the wire and rigging. Phew, that is why I am not building WWI models despite the colourful markings.

Great work - Thanks for sharing
TheZOX
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Slovenia
KitMaker: 86 posts
AeroScale: 75 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 05:17 AM UTC
Great work.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 07:05 AM UTC
Greetings Andrew (CMOT70)

Very impressive. I sincerely like what you have done with this kit. I hope you don't mind but I sent the thread URL along to Roden. Again nicely done and thanks for sharing.
dimitrios
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 29 posts
AeroScale: 17 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 09:01 AM UTC
Congratulations very nice airplane and nice work .
A friend has made the same airplane but he has problem with decals. When he applying the decals for wings camouflage , they broken in several pieces. He told me , the quality of decals is for trash.
Do you know something abou this??

P.S.
Very nice work and very nice choice us a subject. Iam not sure about the rigging only.
CMOT70
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 629 posts
AeroScale: 539 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 12:11 PM UTC
Thanks for the comments everyone.

Demitrios, your friend is correct about the decals. I also had a few problems with them, but that's a problem with most older Roden kits. Still they can be made to work ok. I place them onto a pool of acrylic floor polish and then when they are almost dry i brush thinned Tamiya X-22 clear over them to seal the edges. They needed a few touchups here and there. Roden decals are definately getting better though.

Since no-one noticed, or were too nice to say, what i forgot to do before taking photo's- i'll say: i forgot to do the bracing wires on the undercarriage- look at the second pic to see it clearly! No problem though, i'll get to it soon.

Andrew
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 06:02 AM UTC
thats a really nice looking model andrew, as someone who has the same kit built up i didn't spot the "deliberate mistake" its funny that you mention the Gvb kit, because guess who's got one too! i'm also waiting till i summon up enough courage to build another gotha!
again, nicely done.
 _GOTOTOP