World War II: Germany
Aircraft of Germany in WWII.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Trumpeter 1/32 ME262 A-1a
MESHER
KitMaker: 22 posts
AeroScale: 21 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 02:41 AM UTC
Just purchased this kit, after reviewing in the box what a nice kit. The only real sad story is the instructions and the colors, I have read they are so very wrong, the RLM02 interior/wheel wells. It also states in the instructions to paint the instrument panel flat black which I believe it should be RLM66. I can't beleive a kit of this quality would have such bad paint code instructions. I do not have any reference on this aircraft and neither does my local hobby store, I just can't trust the paint codes on the instruction sheet. Anyone aware if someone on the net posted a review advising all the corrects for the painting codes in the instructions? Would really appreciate any advice or recommendations.
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 07:29 AM UTC
Hi Micheal,

I did a build-review on this model:

Song of the Swallow

You will appreciate this, too:

ME-262 Cockpit References

...and my ME 262 Build In-progress Blog
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 08:24 AM UTC
This is a really nice kit. Don't let the minor mistakes in the instructions fool you. I also have their Wildcat kit, which gives IJN Gray and Russian Green as colors to be used. I bet the supply of IJN Gray became hared to get on December 8th. The above named refferences should get you through the build with no problems. Also remember, the Luftwaffe had trouble folloing their own color guidelines as the war progressed.
 _GOTOTOP