_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
1st Half 2008 Campaigns
Blackwulf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 215 posts
AeroScale: 120 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 04:31 PM UTC
Hello any knowledgeable staff members!!

I was just wondering if there are any established campaigns yet for early 2008 and if so when they will be posted. Just curious is all. Thanks for any info.
CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
AeroScale: 1,168 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 08:06 PM UTC
Here's what's on-going (current) and proposed to date the proposed campaigns will be approved when they have the minimum 10 enlistees. Air Campaigns Schedule

FYI - any proposed campaign that does not have 10 enlistees by one month after it's proposed start date will be dropped from the list.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 09:11 PM UTC
Hi Chuck

Well, I do not see a list there!!! just the running campaigns!!??

so where do I see what is proposed?

thank you

best wishes

Steffen

Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 09:50 PM UTC
^ Me neither, the debarkation zone is empty.

Edit: Or is the debarkation zone for campaigns that have been approved, but haven't started yet?
CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 05:35 AM UTC
Sorry All I thought you could see the Proposed campaigns, my bad

AWAITING APPROVAL

IN Aircraft
PROPOSED: ACES HIGH Link
CAMPAIGN LEADER: Nigel Julian
2008-04-01 To: 2008-09-31

IN Aircraft
PROPOSED: Battle for Europe Link
CAMPAIGN LEADER: Carl Althaus
2008-06-01 To: 2008-10-31

IN Aircraft
PROPOSED: Phabulous Phantom Link
CAMPAIGN LEADER: james
2008-05-27 To: 2008-09-30

IN Aircraft
PROPOSED: Swing-wing 2008 Link
CAMPAIGN LEADER: Magnus Fridsell
2008-07-01 To: 2008-11-30
Blackwulf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 05:51 AM UTC
Thanks for the reference link Chuck--I was a lil sleepy when I asked about the campaigns. I had already checked that and didn't see anything posted yet. It just seems that there have been so many proposed campaigns but none have been approved with the new year on its way. I may just be a little early in asking my original question and if I was i am sorry. I just wanted to get an idea of which ones have been approved so I could plan ahead. I guess I am not completely sure as to when upcoming campaigns get posted. I would guess that there is no exact time frame for posting it but if a campaign has ten willing participants, and the staff approves it, that they would post it shortly thereafter? I was looking through the proposed campaigns and only saw one true WW2 campaign(Battle for Europe) and was wondering if it was approved because if it wasn't then I was going to think up one or two just so we can get a world war 2 specific campaign moving for next year.

I'm not sure how many guys would be interested, but I have never seen a "Nose Art" campaign on here since I have been a member. It might be a fun campaign for late next year or early 2009 assuming that the Battle for Europe Campaign has already been approved. Just an idea.
Blackwulf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 05:54 AM UTC
Thanks for posting that list Chuck--I think someone also proposed a general "twin spinner" campaign also that had a bunch of interest-FYI.
CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 06:12 AM UTC
Patrick - Your question was just fine. As you can now see there are several Proposed Campaigns for 2008, none have been Approved at this point. Aces High is well on it's way to Approval as it have several Enlistees already (a Campaign must have at least 10 enlistees to be Approved). The others on the list are the remaining Proposed Campaigns. I have seen a lot of posting regarding Campaigns and even mention of their Proposal (ie Twin Spinner), but no one has gone to the Campaigns Proposal Page and input the information to get the Approval process started. (I don't write the Proposal, that is the Campaign Leaders responsibility.) It is also the Campaign Leaders responsibility to see that Enlistees sign up for the Campaign.

Now that I realize that Members cannot see the Proposed Campaigns I will make an effort to keep you all up to date.
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2007 - 03:47 AM UTC
Cool, I have signed up for the whole lot

Looking forward to get started!
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2007 - 11:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for posting that list Chuck--I think someone also proposed a general "twin spinner" campaign also that had a bunch of interest-FYI.

Actually, It has not been submitted yet. I will submit it next week because people are still submitting input and questions. Rest assured, I am ready to send it in.

There was a lot of interest in the Battle for Europe Campaign. So be sure to enlist for that one also.
Removed by original poster on 12/01/07 - 06:05:01 (GMT).
Blackwulf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 12:59 AM UTC
I was browsing through the current and upcoming campaigns and noticed that except for the "between the wars" campaign, that there will be no other active campaigns until April and June of next year. I was wondering if anyone else thought that maybe we should have one or two other campaigns that span that gap---say from January to the end of June?

I realize it might be tough to find a couple of additional campaigns that most of the regular campaign builders would join but i thought it would be bad to have a gap between campaigns!!..........Especially during the winter months

Oh well, maybe i can get a little input on this. I would be willing to think up some ideas for a campaign just to help fill the gap so to speak.
Phantom2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 678 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 08:03 AM UTC
Hi Patrick!

I have a Campaign suggestion; Trainers.

Trainers are usually very colorful aircrafts, and can be very interesting too.

This Campaign could span from the early 1910´s until today, and all scales from 1/144 to 1/24, making It possible for everyone to find something to build.

Could be fun!

Cheers!

Stefan E
magnusf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,953 posts
AeroScale: 1,902 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 08:24 AM UTC
People have told me that it is still allowed to build something without it being part of a campaign...

Anyway, if Stefan runs the business I'm in for a trainer right after the New Year! Or twin spinners or whatever...

Regards

Magnus
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 08:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I was browsing through the current and upcoming campaigns and noticed that except for the "between the wars" campaign, that there will be no other active campaigns until April and June of next year...

Hi Patrick

LOL! I just noticed that gap too... Maybe one of the existing suggestions can be bumped forward - but Trainers is also a subject I've always wanted to see as a campaign.

All the best

Rowan
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 09:02 AM UTC
Hi again

Checking the proposed Campaigns - I see that Twin Spinners still hasn't been submitted. It's attracted so much support, perhaps that could be the one to kick things off for 2008? All it needs is for some brave soul to propose it officially as Campaign Leader...

All the best

Rowan
magnusf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,953 posts
AeroScale: 1,902 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 09:17 AM UTC
And I went through my stash and came upp with two oddities for the Trainer campaign compared to a relatively mainstream DH Hornet for the twin spinners campaign. I'll vote for the trainers seen from my point of view!

Stefan, where are you?

Magnus
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 11:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Patrick

LOL! I just noticed that gap too... Maybe one of the existing suggestions can be bumped forward - but Trainers is also a subject I've always wanted to see as a campaign.

All the best

Rowan

I would also like to go for trainers or twin spinners to close the gap. Maybe with start on 1st February?
Phantom2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 678 posts
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2007 - 03:45 AM UTC
Hi all!

Magnus, I´m right here!

Well, I ought to keep my big mouth shut... ...and I never learn!

I´m sorry but I don´t believe I could organize and run a Campaign by myself.
(Have to admit that I´m a bit Computer-challenged!)

If anyone else could run the Campaign, I would be more than happy to assist with whatever I can, though.

Still thinks It could be fun and a bit relaxing from all the camouflage for a while.

Cheers!

Stefan E
Blackwulf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2007 - 06:17 AM UTC
I think the trainer campaign sounds good although I probably wouldnt participate since I have none in my stash and I want to try and build out of the stash because it keeps growing(like the movie the BLOB). At least the boxes of models have not become some mysterious alien entity as of this point.

I think the twin spinner campaign would work well as a filler.

The only thing I could think of would be a nose art/fuselage art campaign as I mentioned earlier. Try to include planes from WW1 and WW2 and potentially some modern planes. I would love to see someone build the b-24 " the dragon and his tail". I know the canadians decorate their f-18's marvelously. There are also Tiger Meet planes out there waiting to be built. Anyway, that is just an idea. A campaign that could cover all eras and might interest several builders.

I would volunteer to run the nose art campaign if enough were interested. I also would volunteer to run the twin spinner should there be no interest in the art campaign. I have never done it but gained some experience in the down low campaign.

So as it stands we may have one or two campaigns possible to fill the gap? I dont want to over step my boundaries here. I am not a staff member--nor am I suggesting that a campaign or two are necessary. I just thought it would be nice to have one or two running for those who want to group build over the winter.

Twin Spinner Campaign --Probable
Trainer Campaign -- Maybe?
Other Campaign Suggestions: TBD
_H_Dori
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 295 posts
AeroScale: 276 posts
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2007 - 11:40 PM UTC
What would be involved in running the twin spinner campaign? It's just that I'd really like to do another twin but I'm not exactly great with computers. If no one else wants to I will happily put myself forward.

H
Removed by original poster on 12/10/07 - 04:44:44 (GMT).
bf443
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 895 posts
AeroScale: 457 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 08:45 AM UTC
Hello everyone,

I was trying to track (or sort if you will) in my mind what's going on for 2008 so far. So I made a cheesey graph 4 more people need to sign up for Phabulous Phantoms in order for it to be official. Is this timeline correct?

Sincerely,
Brian
fightnjoe
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 603 posts
AeroScale: 565 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 02:43 PM UTC
a slightly different question. i want to propose a campaign. actually have already proposed one but to gain the required backing should i begin a thread to that end?

joe
CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 02:47 PM UTC
Got ya covered Joe
Pearl Harbor 2008
 _GOTOTOP