Eduard Bf 110 E 1/48
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2009 - 01:11 AM UTC
Hi Rowan and JP

o.k that is what I understand too, but I do not understand what this whole post was about. I am always happy when someone has a look at my models and if he/she comments on it! i already agreed that I was wrong and that I would change the model accordingly. So it was just an additional "I agree with Rowan", right ?

@ JP: re-reading my post above, it might come over a bit rude to a native speaker. Should have included one or another emoticon If you are upset, please accept my apology, it was not meant that way.

all the best

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 04:12 AM UTC
O.k. then guys

here is the one piece tarp (pic got a bit blurry, but you see what is necessary) :

Rowan: I checked my only reference pic and indeed it looks as if the markings were applied above the white (which is surely not the case) ... seems they either masked them or washed the white away after its application. Very often this washable paint (white or black) was not applied by air brush but broom or similar tools so maybe the crew just left out the markings ....

all the best

Steffen
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 04:16 AM UTC
Hi Steffen

Very neat work on modifying the cover - and thanks for confirming the original appearance of the markings.

All the best

Rowan
jaypee
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
AeroScale: 1,384 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 05:20 AM UTC
no worries steffen even english speakers often have trouble understanding me.

and yes it was a "just like he said" post i guess. just giving you something to
look for, like a boat cover that is done the same way as the canopy cover but
one you can see anywhere.

I like the tarp on it, makes it look in use. and saves time with fiddly interiors.
and canopy masking ! i like your style. creative laziness.

tell me there is a german word for such a thing and I'll use it always.

JP

FalkeEins
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 868 posts
AeroScale: 690 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 05:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

no worries steffen even english speakers often have trouble understanding me.

..I couldn't possibly comment

that's a fabulous looking model Steffen, you must be very pleased with it - I reckon its one of the best I've seen from you, in fact all your recent builds have been top notch...congratulations...wish I had something as good as that to put on the shelf..
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 05:55 AM UTC
Hi all

First: many thanks for all your nice comments! ...It is not yet done and I think the look will change again, when I add the white pigments

@Rowan:

@JP: Thanks mate .. honestly I also have problems with my style in German, some of my (more or less) cynical comments (even if meant funny) "sometimes" upset people that do not know me well. Even more if I am occationally one or two sentences ahead of what I say and sometimes have only thought the first half of them ... sadly most people cannot read my mind ...

@Neil: Thanks but this is just one of my models .. it is not better or worse than the others. Every has it's good and bad sides and on most I screw up something ... as Jean-Luc once wrote .. it is all about hiding these mistakes as good as possible. This is no exception an it is not done yet

all the best

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 05:06 AM UTC
hello again

just a short update. I added the u/c doors and the Quickboost exhausts yesterday. A bit of cursing and yelling because of my incompetence, but now they are on the kit. The ugly car (just "finished") is only there to hide the swastika

all the best

Steffen
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 08:18 AM UTC
Looks good Steffen , soon you will have this one done . the car don't look to bad either .
 _GOTOTOP