_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
REVIEW
Junkers J.I When tin Donkeys flew
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 06:46 PM UTC

Along time in the making but it seems the newest aircraft model manufacturer is the brain child of Wingnut productions owner Peter Jackson (LotR) fame. They have opened with a bang and the subject matter is 1/32 WWI plastic model aircraft kits. The prototype of this kit was up on their site for almost a year giving us all a hint of the things to come.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 07:23 AM UTC
Greetings all;

As most of you know Mark Miller's name has come up on Aeroscale several times here in Early Aviation. I saw this post from Mark concerning the Junkers J.I Benz motor.

". . .i did the digital masters for the merc and benz and i made it 2 ways..one with the pushrods cast into the side of the cylinders. and then a seperate "clean" cylinder part without the pushrods cast on so those who are so inclined could add them seperately.

". . .the cast on rods stuck in my craw as well. but it is a fiddley task and we weren't sure everybody would want to bother with it. . .so the only answer was to do it both ways and to tell you the truth...when i made a pre-prodution version of the benz I used the cast on version and it looks pretty darn good. . ."
Grenadier37
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 232 posts
AeroScale: 155 posts
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2009 - 09:59 AM UTC
Very cool looking kit. Thanks for the review.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2009 - 06:18 PM UTC
Greetings all it looks like there is a 3mm shortage in the ailerons. Looking for a good fix on the subject I note there is some spare material if you do not use the early radiator shutters. More as I progress.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2009 - 06:39 PM UTC
Hi Stephen,

This is a kit, even I get weak... I'm looking forward to see your report on it. By the way, didn't you mentionned a Wingnut Wings group build lately?

Jean-Luc
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 - 10:58 AM UTC
Here is the Copper State Models fix to the WNW Junkers J.I. the set is available at 15.00 USD . Tel. 802 - 867 - 8822.

JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 05:53 PM UTC
Greetings all,

And so it begins. As with any kit a washing of the sprues in antibacterial soap and hot water. This helps me become one with the build. . . Ok I am not going to fuse with styrene. This weekend I will sit down and cruise through references and make notes. I am extremely interested in showing some substructure as Mark hamrick has proposed for his 1/48 vacuform version. Will definately have to invest in some bits and bobs. Maybe some Copper State Models instrument gauges. . . The resin aileron updates by CSM are in hand.

The only problem with replacing 1:32 parts is what do you do with the ones you replace? Now that would be a bone pile.

Here.is my build.

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Friday, July 03, 2009 - 02:41 AM UTC
What ref's will you be using for this build ?
 _GOTOTOP