_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
New Here Too
Rusty2785
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 12 posts
AeroScale: 8 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2009 - 07:19 AM UTC
Hi Everyone

I'm Rusty from Edinburgh in Scotland. Just getting back into modelling after a good break. About to start a 1/72 Tamiya F4D-1 Skyray. Trying to find a good book that has pics of this aircraft as well as good info to help me know more about the plane i'm building. Going to be using an airbrush but first time airbrushing something this small. Most of the things I have brushed have been scale car bodies or other bits of block painting. Gonna take a lot of work to master detail brushing I think. So all in all probably gonna pester you all with loads of questions, hope you dont mind. Speak soon

Rusty
CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
AeroScale: 1,168 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2009 - 08:01 AM UTC
Welcome to AeroScale Rusty, bring on your questions, there are plenty of fellows (including Gals) here, many with years of experience, that are ready and willing to help you with your efforts. As you make progress be sure to post some photos of your projects.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2009 - 08:41 AM UTC
A big Welcome to the site Rusty ! Go ahead and pick or brains all you want . The folks here are always more then happy to help or aid in what ever questions you might have .
Have a look at the Group builds and don't be shy , sign up of one or a few ! Looking forward to seeing you share your work with us ( we like like pictures you know ) ....

Happy modelling
Rusty2785
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 12 posts
AeroScale: 8 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2009 - 09:44 AM UTC
cheers chuck and terri

yeah will get some pics taken and uploaded as soon as I can. Please feel free to comment on any my work, I take constructive crit well lol sometimes you really dont think of something till others sugget it.

cheers again and hope to read some of your comments soon

CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
AeroScale: 1,168 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2009 - 10:02 AM UTC
Rusty don't be too surprised if you notice things just by taking photos of your work. I've had that happen often when taking photos of my work, that third eye just seems to find things I missed the first go round.
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 996 posts
AeroScale: 915 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 12:06 PM UTC
Hi Rusty, welcome to the site, this is the best resource for improving your modelling I have yet found, go for it. I have a couple of Skyray pics somewhere and an article by Eric Brown who flew the aircraft at Pax River
hkopper
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 529 posts
AeroScale: 340 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - 12:39 PM UTC
Welcome aboard Rusty!! I cant wait to see your progress!! Don't hesitate to ask questions because this site has a wealth of tips and techniques plus plenty of folks that are willing and earger to help!!
 _GOTOTOP