Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Whispering Death 1/72
speedster
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 28 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Friday, June 26, 2009 - 09:50 PM UTC
Hi guys ,Had a bit of a rough nite last nite with the flu , so could'nt sleep so found this ol' kit in the back of my collection so made a nite of it , The decals are shot so il have to find some aftermarket ones . But anyway this is where she's at, hope to get some primer on tomorow if the weather or this virus lets me. Paul..

1/72. Mk21 Beaufighter by Frog

spaarndammer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,945 posts
AeroScale: 388 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 03:02 AM UTC
Great way of getting through nasty moments! Like your build. Are there some sinkmarks on the parts on top of the engines? (on side of it?).

Like your title also, triggered me to take a look at your topic.

Well done!

Jelger
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 04:32 AM UTC
Hey Paul,
Great way to while away the hours, hope you're feeling better. Check out the website for the Eastern Suburbs Scale Model Club, and go to members dioramas. One of the guys has put together a huge dio with 3 1/32 Beau's. The dio is now on display under the nose of an actual Beau at Moorabbin Airport here in Melbourne.

Looking forward to the progress pics of yours.

Cheers

speedster
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 12:49 PM UTC
Thanks Guys, & Jelger those ol' Frog kits all ways had some serious sink holes & a heap of flashing to sand off. Damian i have seen that Dio its real kool & a great lot of work went into it , But only on the net not in life , my family had a Aviation business at Moorabbin many years ago as kids we ues to play in all the ol' war time wrecks down there , We were also involved with the Kittyhawk thats now at the war memorial in canberra . Paul....
wombat58
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 366 posts
AeroScale: 309 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 02:41 PM UTC
Hi Paul.
I know how you feel, have the same dreaded bug attack me two days ago, still coughing and spluttering.
My Dad often tells me when he was ship building during the war on the south coast of NSW he would see the Beaufighters come in over the mountains and buzz the ship yards at about 100 feet, the nickname whispering death was apt, he said he could not hear them until they were on top of you.
Nice build so far, looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers.
speedster
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 03:19 PM UTC
Hey Des, Mate kool story about the shipyards, Would of been 31st Sqd from Wagga at a guess a bit of practice for the real stuff ahead. Paul...
JamesQ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 16 posts
AeroScale: 11 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 09:38 AM UTC
what an excellent way to spend some sleepless hours lol!! what a good reason also to get a kit from the back of the collection to throw together, top marks!
James.
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Friday, July 03, 2009 - 06:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Paul,
Great way to while away the hours, hope you're feeling better. Check out the website for the Eastern Suburbs Scale Model Club, and go to members dioramas. One of the guys has put together a huge dio with 3 1/32 Beau's. The dio is now on display under the nose of an actual Beau at Moorabbin Airport here in Melbourne.

Looking forward to the progress pics of yours.

Cheers

Any chance of posting a link to the diorama please?
Nige
robot_
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 719 posts
AeroScale: 691 posts
Posted: Friday, July 03, 2009 - 08:45 AM UTC
I'm not sure, but I guess it is this one:
http://www.hyperscale.com/2009/features/beaufighter32pp_1.htm
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Friday, July 03, 2009 - 07:47 PM UTC
Thats the one, Phil ahs also done a 1/48th scale dio with 3 Liberators that you can see in Rudi Richardsons gallery of shots from the Melbourne Model Expo 2009, on page 8. The base for the diorama is a door, 2 metres long and over half a metre wide. Nothing done by half measures here.
I've linked the club photo gallery of the Beau diorama, theres more shots there to drool over.

http://www.essmc.org.au/airdiorama99.html
 _GOTOTOP