_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Flying plastic.
Tango-India-Mike
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 88 posts
AeroScale: 79 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 03:24 AM UTC
Thanks Rowan and Soeren,

I'm still finding my way about in the site...slowly with a computer that's playing up quite badly until I can get an expert to come and fix it for me! I think I found the portfolio section...is it restricted to one photograph of each model and does it have to include all those fancy titles? I'll have another look at it later.

Right now though, I'm about ready for an early night after a big day out at WASMEX...the West Australian Scale Model Exhibition held at this time every year. Caught up with a few friends and spent far too much money on the retail stands, the second-hand stalls and the snack bar...but had a great time all the same. Amongst the kits and decals bought is one that I'm particularly excited by...a Pegasus 1/72 Boulton-Paul Balliol that's been on my wanted list for many a year...yippee!

Best regards to all,

Tim.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 04:05 AM UTC
Hi Tim

Here's a typical Portfolio. You're not restricted to one pic per model and don't worry - Jean-Luc has templates for the graphics.

Glad you had a great time at the show. Did you take any photos?

All the best

Rowan
Tango-India-Mike
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 04:05 PM UTC
Thanks for that, Rowan...I'll have a go at it later.

No, I didn't take any pictures at the show, but I might do so next year...there was some nice work on display, not just on the competition tables either.

Got invited to the 'Old Fa*ts' meeting next weekend...a sort of 'anti-club' group of 50 and 60-something modellers who can't be bothered with formalities. I'm not sure I like being thought of as an 'old fa*t' though!

Cheers!

Tim.
kasparssh
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Latvia
KitMaker: 3 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 04:59 AM UTC
Hi, Great Master
I browsed searching info on Anson and stumbled on Your artworks.Then I took the burden of registration just to express my amazement with what You had done, my two kids sit beside me and dont believe me when i said those real flying machines are just models,"like dad's".
And Whitley, You are maniac in good sense. I can only wonder how our God Creator can give all those talents to ONE man. And top of all, I understand You're actor in Theatre ? Amazing.You are REAL artist! God bless your hands and brain. Thanks for inspiration!
Admirer
NickZour
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
AeroScale: 1,241 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 05:56 AM UTC
Oh my god Mr. Tim, you've impressed me one more time!!!
Sooooo many models!!!!

But they are ALL of them Allied

Cheers Nick
Tango-India-Mike
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 08:14 PM UTC
Thank you very much Kasparssh and young Nick!

Apologies for not being around for a while. Nick, here's a few old models for you...

Not ALL Allied!

Cheers, gentlemen,

Tim.
NickZour
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
AeroScale: 1,241 posts
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 - 04:32 AM UTC
Of course I love any Italian ww2 theme( ) & The Greek PZL. 24

Did you used airbrush or brush?

Cheers Nick
Tango-India-Mike
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 - 05:12 AM UTC
Hello Nick,

Most of these models are so old that I don't show them very often, but I suppose they're worth keeping as a reminder of skill levels in years gone by. I've been a brush-painter since 1965 and see no need to start airbrushing now! Actually, that's not quite true...my first model was a P38 moulded in silver plastic, which I decided didn't need painting! I do find aerosol paints useful,though (Tamiya's are very good), for aluminium finishes.

Cheers, young sir!

Tim.
bilko
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 584 posts
AeroScale: 96 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 12:13 AM UTC
Tim

Fantastic work mate - I can only second everyone else's comments.

Regarding the Whitley - and I am assuming that you know far more about them than I do - is it possible that the bit on the canopy frame above the pilot is some sort of curtain or blind so he doesn't get too sunburnt flying that close to the sun??

Just a thought.

Brian
hogkeeper
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 37 posts
AeroScale: 36 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 01:53 AM UTC
Tim,
All I can do is second what everyone else has already said, simply FANTASTIC! Of particular note are your pilot figures. Anyway we can talk you into a tutorial on how you create those little works of art?
Thanks,
Andy
Tango-India-Mike
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 04:35 AM UTC
Thank you gents, and my apologies for only intermittently coming back to the forum. I THOUGHT all my computer problems had been fixed, but it's been giving me a lot of trouble again recently. Today I'm a hairsbreadth away from taking to the blasted thing with a sledge hammer. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!
pbhawkin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 179 posts
AeroScale: 170 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2010 - 10:30 AM UTC
Tim,
I have just come across this thread and am amazed!
I also thought that some of the flying shots were of real aircraft! The detail on the pilots is superb and especially with them looking towards the camera it gives a very life-like appearance.
It almost makes me want to change scale from the 1/144 models I do to 1/72!!
Now I think you mentioned that you paint your backdrops, is that correct? I certainly recognised some were used in a few pictures. Can you tell us more about them? Are they all painted or have you used some photos and what did you use for your inspiration (from a photo I guess)?
With the planes shown on the ground (such as the 2 x C47 one) you must have a background as well as a ground surface painting I guess. Is it possible for you to show a picture of your setup both for taking pictures of models flying and the forced perspective on the ground?

Peter
from Mudgee NSW
kasparssh
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Latvia
KitMaker: 3 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2010 - 03:25 AM UTC
I wonder who will repay Artist Tim his burdens putting all the artworks into computer box!
At least You have many admirers now,Tim. Looks like real aviation art exhibition.
Do you use final clear coat after painting,what type?
And about Whitley, I heard that aileron width on top and bottom of wing should be different, but don't bother Tim, your model is million anyway. By the way, I took note of your experience with
Whitley and set image of your model as standard for my future build,thanks a lot!

Admirer
rokket2001
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 353 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 08:35 PM UTC
Extremeeeeemely impressive, Tim - builds, and the amazing photos, totally real. LOVE the brilliance of your method (might have to explore it myself).

KEEP it up, and thanks for sharing!
 _GOTOTOP