_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
“When I grow up, I will be an Ace”
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,058 posts
AeroScale: 1,004 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 10:13 PM UTC

Years ago I did the Roden`s Albatros DIII in 32 scale. I Used Spada decals aftermarket decals for the Voss machine (don´t know if Spada still around). Last year I ordered the Werner Voss figure from the Model Cellar and finally I got the paint on the figure. I used Humbrols when painting figures and alter the finish with some acrylic varnish for the flesh areas.
The little boy besides the DIII is from Andrea Miniatures range, you can find him in the “Gunfighter Glamour” kit or as a spare.
The fuel cart is scratchbuild from plasticard and wires. The wheels comes from Tamyias Fieldkitchen kit in 35-scale.
The ladders where made from plasticard strips
This took some time to get together, It was fun to take out an old build and making a vignette off it

Larsa
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 12:28 AM UTC
Beautiful display Larsa.
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 01:11 AM UTC
Looking Good Larsa:

I like the addition of the little kid. The figures look good. I have a figure of Boelcke but am not a good figure painter, might just do it anyway and see how it turns out.
I don't know what the status of SPada is. Maybe on Misterkitusa one can find out.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 02:33 AM UTC
Nicely done Larsa.
gajouette
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 365 posts
AeroScale: 356 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 03:35 AM UTC
Lars,
As always excellent work my friend.Top it off with a beautifully done diorama.You can add all the verbiage of praise to this one you can think of.

Spada is available from Mike Taylor of Mrkitusa.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
OEFFAG_153
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,473 posts
AeroScale: 1,450 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 05:02 AM UTC
Hi Lars,

Ecellent build and diorama, it really brings the DIII to life. Like your figurepainting style too (I may do some figure modeling myself after my current projects are done).

How did the Spada decals work for you? Thinking about getting in touch with Mike Taylor for a future project.

Best Regards

Mikael
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,058 posts
AeroScale: 1,004 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 06:01 AM UTC
Thank´s guys
We often not go inte figurepainting, but for me who is an old figurepainter it´s just fun to take a model into next level by adding a scene. Then we have one off my favorite sculpter deeply in love with period.Just have to order some new ones from the Model Cellar.

Spadas decals are extrem thin to work with Mikael, using lots off water to slide in place and be careful not to scratch them when handling. Otherwise there´s awesome I like them. I learned that Spadas was sold to Misterkitusa and they say on the homepage that they will reprint the decals. Thats good news for me and all others who want´s to try them ..

Larsa
 _GOTOTOP