_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: Contests
A monthly online photo contest. Show your work!
Model of the Month (MOM) for Sept contest.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 07:05 AM UTC
Post your 3 pictures for the September Model of the Month competition HERE.
Post your, single, picture for voting purposes HERE

Rules for the new Model of the Month. Please read before posting

1. Entries must be of your own work.
2. The model must be of an aircraft.
3. The model can be in any scale and in any medium.
4. The model can be “out of the box”, scratch built, or anything in between.
5. The model must be finished within the month for which it is entered. The model could have been started some time before the MOM for which it is entered, it is the month in which it is actually finished that counts. So if it isn't finished this month it may be ready for next month or the month after
6. 1 picture is to be uploaded into the relevant gallery and titled with what the model is of, I.E. VS Spitfire Mk Vc. No composites. This picture must be of just the model, no base. (For a model posed in the "in Flight" configuration" a small stand is allowed which can be used to either support the model or as a counter weight. A beaching dolly can be used for a float plane. A model of a crashed aircraft on a simple base is allowed. This, simple, base can only be of groundwork, no vehicles, trees, fences etc or figures are allowed, but items off the aircraft are (such as wheels).
7. A thread will be opened in the general aircraft forum in which you MUST add up to 3 further pictures and you MAY add details about the build. The model can appear on a base or even in a diorama in this thread. Pictures must not be larger than 800 pixels wide, in either the gallery or the information thread. If you wish to post further pictures then open your own thread.
8. Pictures of models can be placed in the gallery from the first of the month until the penultimate day of the month (the next to last day) (see “5” above). (This is to avoid the time zone difference, I'm working on GMT)
9. Voting will take place over the first half of the next month, closing on the 16th. (This will be between 18.00 and 00.01 GMT)
10. A member winning one month cannot win the following month.
11. Dragon is sponsoring this from June 2007.
12. Staff members of the Kitmaker group of sites cannot enter.
13. The rules will be added to when and if it is deemed necessary.
14. Any none compliance with these rules may result in disqualification.
15. Ignorance of these rules is not an excuse for not abiding by them.
This post was removed.
Removed by original poster on 09/19/10 - 03:26:07 (GMT).
plastickjunkie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 399 posts
AeroScale: 132 posts
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 - 03:24 PM UTC
Hasegawa 1/48 N1K2-J "George". Thin wire used to detail the engine, cockpit, main gears and wheel wells. All cannons drilled out with a .0135 drill bit. Chipping done by using a sharpened toothpick to scrape the green paint. Decals are for the 301st Fighter Squadron, 343 Naval Flying Group based at Matsuyama Air Base. Wingtip and tail lights have clear lenses.

Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 08:06 AM UTC
Here's my entry, built for the recently ended Bf 109 campaign.
Hasegawa 1:48 scale Bf 109 G-6, built from the G-14 kit JT48.

To the kit I added an Aires resin cockpit and MG131 barrels, Eduard seatbelts, Quickboost Revi 16 gunsight (the Aires set incorrectly supplies a Revi 12), and Ultracast wheels and exhaust pipes. A couple of PE parts from PART were used on the trop intake filter.
In addition to the aftermarket stuff, I added some scratchbuilt details as well, including a new pitot tube, a couple of vent pipes under the fuselage, canopy and antenna wire tensioning springs, cockpit UV lights, grab-handles inside the windscreen. Plus riveting done with RB Productions' riveting tool and a needle in a few spots, according to scale drawings in the Aero Detail Bf 109 book.
Markings are a combination of decals from Techmod and InScale and represent a plane the third highest scoring Finnish Air Force ace Eino Luukkkanen flew during the Soviet summer offensive in 1944.

More or less frequent updates of the build in progress can be viewed on the campaign thread, starting from page 13.
For more pictures of the finished model, see page 26 of the campaign thread, here.

Thanks for looking.

modelguy2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 818 posts
AeroScale: 137 posts
Posted: Monday, September 27, 2010 - 09:10 AM UTC
Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1 Corsair

modelguy2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 818 posts
AeroScale: 137 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 05:15 PM UTC
As of the 18th-2 days past the "supposed" closing of the voting period I was tied for 1st. I thought wow! I tied a german build! Yet lo and behold the voting continued 'till the german won 2 days past deadline...sheez. We need more enthusiastic allied voters in ALL categories!
robot_
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 719 posts
AeroScale: 691 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 09:35 PM UTC
What we need is more people voting- I missed September's voting completely- the number of votes is shameful!

Maybe we could ask Jim to add the current month's entries to the front page of Aeroscale (maybe instead of the 'kitmaker links' section, that I have never used)- and clicking on anything in that pane take you to the voting gallery. Also, it would be great if the gallery was not a separate log-in. When you follow a link to the voting gallery, you have to click log in, then go back in your history or navigate through the galleries to the right one- this is a bit confusing, and may lead to inexperienced members giving up before they have voted.
md72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
AeroScale: 3,192 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 03:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What we need is more people voting- I missed September's voting completely

Guilty - Guilty - Guilty

I missed it too, sorta looked for it once or twice, but never voted. Stuff moves off of the FP a little too fast some times. My suggestion is bump the thread after you vote. I've done that a few times, although I hesitate to do it if I'm the first vote.......
 _GOTOTOP