A very interest project Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 09:45 PM UTC
Cheers Daniel!

Well I got distracted again .. yesterday I started this little cat as I could finally take a few pictures of the sprues for the review

but I am still at the Stuka too ...

all the best

Steffen
badwolf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 79 posts
AeroScale: 75 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 04:01 AM UTC
Looking good Steffen, the etched walk way looks a little thick, would this not be better as a decal! i must open the bag and check these parts out,
I also picked up an Italeri Tankwagon on Thursday looks good also, and i couldn't help myself but got the new Revell FW200 Condor C-4. it can go next to the first one in my stash!
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 08:42 PM UTC
Hi Keith

i do not think this is much overdone and you can also choose not to install these and only use the decals (also stated in the instructions!)

I just wanted to mask the canopies, when I noticed the sliding hood of the pilot is a short shot. Dang it is even visible on my First Look photos, but I did not notice it until now when I scratched my head why the darn thing refuses to fit .... doh

all the best

Steffen
P.S. the Puma is on the hunt

Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 09:33 PM UTC
Hi Steffen

What a pain! But, fear not, you're not the first person to have missed something like that, and I doubt that you'll be the last! I once got caught by a missing part on a kit I'd reviewed. When I started to build it, there was a no sign of the thingamajig. I searched everywhere and finally, sure enough, when I went back and checked the sprue-shots in the review... there was the gap on the sprue as clear as daylight!

All the best

Rowan

P.S. - Nice Puma!
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2011 - 08:04 PM UTC
Hi all

back on this project ... why, because I will paint the underside of my MiG-21MF in "RLM 65" ....

but first I need to do a few preparation steps to get to the point when I can use some paint. First thing: Masks

Did I ever mention that there are times when I am really happy that I have a shelf of halfbuilt models

cheers

Steffen
 _GOTOTOP