Junkers Ju 87B-2 - 1/48 Italeri
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 04:48 AM UTC
Hi all

Somehow I do not have a finished Stuka in my collection, thus this is a perfect excuse to start this model right away (Damian: Sorry I have the P-38 still on the bench, but somehow I am shying away from the "massive" PE --- at the moment).

So here is a bit of illustration (not much yet)

BTW the cockpit sits a few mm more to the front when compared to the Hasegawa kit but I have no idea if that is right or wrong.

I did not like the sit of the rudder controls this I glued them below the mounting points (see instrument panel from the back side). Else it is quite nice so far ...

all the best

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 10:03 PM UTC
Hmm, many clicks but no comment .. seems you are disappointed...

Well, I will still post some pix for the moment. Here is the pit with some more pieces attached. It is really nice oob!

(I have to rely on artificial lighting for many pix now thus some colours may come out strange from time to time)

all the best

Steffen
james84
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Roma, Italy
KitMaker: 1,368 posts
AeroScale: 377 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 10:06 PM UTC
TERRIFIC!
Is that the panel that comes out of the box?
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 10:20 PM UTC
Hi Giacome

this is how it looks oob when painted. it consists of some plastic parts, some PE and two decals.

See Jean-Lucs review for more pix of the model kit. (of coures I also have a German one on my site)

Thanks for your comment!

all the best

Steffen
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 11:14 PM UTC
Hi Steffen,

You made a nice start on the Stuka. I see you also have some difficulties to stick to a project from time to time... The instrument panel indeed looks very good out of the box.

You are not the only one who has no Stuka in his collection of built aircraft...

Jean-Luc
antonio_ds
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Italy
KitMaker: 5 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 11:22 PM UTC
Hi Steffen.
This is my first time on a forum.
First of all, I apologize for my poor English.
Your work looks very well.
At this moment I'm building the same kit, but I'm ahead in the work.
I like this kit, but I found some serius (for me) trouble on the canopy assembly on the fuselage and gears struts assembly on the wings.
I'm curious to see how you can fix this problems, I will follow your building with a lot of interest.
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 11:31 PM UTC
Nice progress so far, Steffen. It is an interesting build to follow.

I have been tempted to buy this kit, but have so far resisted as my stash is getting out of hand.

Looking forward to see more
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 - 12:17 AM UTC
Many thanks Guys!! this is very encouraging and the reason why I post my progress on the net ... getting some motivation. I did not with my Me 262 and still did finish it, but it is only half the fun well maybe three quarter

@J-L: Actually I focus on projects at the moment, but there are still some (esp. campaign builds) that just grow over my head and I have to put them aside until I find some motivation again. I really want Bongs machine in my shelf but the PE is just too much for me at the moment...

@Antonio: Welcome to Aeroscale So far the project was quite nice. The fit is not stellar but not too bad either. I filled a bit on the fire wall (though I plan to close the cowl as the detail on the inside of the panels is bad and I do not want to buy the Goffy stuff. In teh pic below you see that I had to grind a bit on the sun screen to make the canopy fit (more or less), but it sat a bit angled thus this was probably my own fault.

@Jesper: stash, I do not have a stash ..... I have several

all the best

Steffen
badwolf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 79 posts
AeroScale: 75 posts
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 - 11:19 AM UTC
Very nice so far Steffen, i am sitting here what to build next the Italeri Ju87 or go bigger and have a go at the 21st Century kit in 1/32nd, might have to sleep on it.
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 - 05:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Somehow I do not have a finished Stuka in my collection, thus this is a perfect excuse to start this model right away (Damian: Sorry I have the P-38 still on the bench, but somehow I am shying away from the "massive" PE --- at the moment).

Hi Steffen. No need to apologise, that PE would bring the strongest man to his knees !!

Great work on your Stuka so far. Not only do I not have one on display, there's not one in the stash either !!

Cheers, D
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 - 11:54 PM UTC
Hi Steffen

Nice work so far. It looks a really neat kit (I see what you mean about the rudder pedals though) - the only reason I haven't been tempted to get one is because I already have several Hasegawa (and Revell re-box) Ju 87Bs waiting to be built some day.

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2010 - 12:02 AM UTC
Cheers Guys

Many thanks for the comments again!

Sorry no updated today, as I need to catch up a bit with "my" website, because every update needs time (a lot --- Rowan knows what I mean) ... further more I got a bit of distraction again .. but nothing "serious" ... maybe more tomorrow.

@Rowan: Me too Hasegawas, Revell, Promodeler plus tons of AM stuff ... but this one will be oob

all the best

Steffen
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2010 - 09:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry no updated today, as I need to catch up a bit with "my" website, because every update needs time (a lot --- Rowan knows what I mean) ...

all the best

Steffen

Hi again Steffen

I know exactly what you mean! My current builds will have to wait until I've cleared a mounting backlog of admin work.! It's shocking how quickly just how quickly things build up if you can't deal with them every day.

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2010 - 08:09 PM UTC
Hi all

Here is my little weekend side project. Got the kit on Friday ... pretty fast, eh

sorry for the crappy pic, but it's a dark November morning and I do not like to take flashlight pix

cheers

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2010 - 11:26 PM UTC
Hi Rowan

I have a qustion: Did Jim play with the edit times again? I thought "we agreed" that own build logs can be accessed for longer than an hour .... I will have to change the picture links in the future) ...

Here is another picture of the Italeri Kfz.385 with the HB Me 262A-1a/U4

But will get back on the Junkers Ju 87 today.

all the best

Steffen
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 12:58 AM UTC
Hi Steffen,

Sweat... definitely worth a feature...

I would like to see the Tankwagen from the other side as well. I suppose we will see and read more on the IPMS Germany website.

Jean-Luc
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 01:07 AM UTC
Thanks Jean-Luc!

Just jump in your car ... you know where I live

I do want to send a photo feature on the 262, but the weather is bad today (yesterday it was nice, but I still needed to add a few things). A full feature will appear in our mag next year (I think) ... not much to show on the Kfz.385. I did no in progress shots as it was just a straight forward build. No Tamiya but good enough for my taste. I will probably publish a short picture feature on my site next week...

cheers

Steffen
P.S.

TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 01:38 AM UTC
Hi Steffen,

Many thanks! Maybe you could post your Tankwagen pictures in the review thread. I'm sure they will en up in the Track48 website...

Jean-Luc
badwolf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 02:01 AM UTC
I know we are going off topic here, but is this Tankwagon a new kit! it would look sweet next to, well any 1/48th German aircraft.
badwolf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 02:20 AM UTC
Before you all jump down my throat, i have just seen the review on this kit,
so sorry for messing up.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 02:56 AM UTC
Don't worry Keith ...

yes it is a new kit though it shares a few parts with the earlier released Opel Blitz (Kfz.305) which also appeared under Tamiya and Supermodel label.

all the best

Steffen
Btw. the Puma looks also very nice and I like the AB41 too .. these are no Tamiya shake'n'bake kits but good nonetheless. Hope Italeri will proceed with this line.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 06:52 AM UTC
Hi all,

Quoted Text

Btw. the Puma looks also very nice and I like the AB41 too ..

Here are pics of the Puma and the AB41. Both have been built out of the box (except for the jerrycans holders on the Puma) and are still "clean"...

Jean-Luc

P.S. It seems we are indeed way off topic now...
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 - 10:20 PM UTC
Hi again

so lets get a bit more on topic again Not much of a progress though. I played a bit with the engine (though I plan to close it up). Some rubber piping is included but you have to cut it to length. Not sure the covers will fit to the fuselage, but I'd break everything off to make it fit. In the last picture you see taht I had to fill a bit on the windshield the white stuff on teh window and uselage is just a bit of residue no scratches.

The "trousers" are not sided so you havee to fiddle a bit to make them look right --- no big deal though, I just mad them straight down. I cut slots in teh wheels mounts so I can paint them separately. I though about leaving them off until after painting, but I rather mask them than to repair glue marks in the paint job.

all teh best

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2010 - 08:04 PM UTC
Hi all

Rowan: could you please answer my question from above?! (if you prefer also offboard)

So here is a little progress. Fitting the engine first was of course not very clever, but as this is kind of a review build I wanted to show the engine in situ before closing it up. Thus some fiddling, trimming, brute force etc. was necessary (swearing is also very popular in my model room).

Next thing I do not understand is how the PE at the elevators should work (I am sticking to the instructions there but still could not make it out yet .. I'll probably just install it as I think it should be.

so here is a pic of the actual state (the struts on the elevators are just clipped in for the correct position of the elevator)

all the best

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010 - 08:20 PM UTC
Some more progress

Last things fitted in the cockpit and middle (fixed) canopy added. I am not sure how I will do the painting - with the other canopies in place or not. I also added the tail wheel and this is pretty nice and gives the whole thing a better look. The main wheels can still move and thus are not flat on the ground - BTW I sanded the bulges away as I do not like this "True detail style" flat tires...

all the best

Steffen
 _GOTOTOP